September 13, 2005

Afternoon Diet Pepsi - The Angry Edition


It's been a while since I've updated the site. SORRY ABOUT THAT! If you are really that upset about it, then you probably need a new hobby anyway. Nonetheless, I have a few rantings on a boring Tuesday afternoon..let me see what I have here:
-------------------------------------
Nice win by the Hicksters on Saturday. Sure their offense moves at a speed that rivals that of an 8th grade girls' water-polo team, but they are 2-0. More kudos to Steve Pederson who obviously saw some of problem ahead for scheduling 11 home games this year. Ok..maybe not all 11, but I'm sure he would have if he could. I don't see any change in the wind this week, as a high-octane, high-flying Pitt offense comes to Lincoln this weekend. Yes, this is the same offense that put up 10 points on Ohio University..so I don't see too much reason to get excited yet. Don't forget..Texas Tech awaits soon.
----------------------
Can people stop bitching about who's fucking fault it is down in New Orleans and just step up and help people? I mean, is the world going to end next week...so JUST IN CASE, I better find somebody to point the finger at? I'm all for blaming people up and down the line: The Mayor, The Governor, FEMA, Bush, The Bay City Rollers..whoever. But good freaking night people...at least WAIT til the damn floodwaters have been flushed out before you call for heads. I'm not sure why everybody has this gang mentality in this country that automatically makes them look for blame on people who don't agree with them. I mean, it's a fucking hurricane. Do you really want to blame somebody? Blame Jim Flowers. I guess my point is..take your freaking time..the blame will still be there.
-----------------------
Have i mentioned in the last 5 minutes how BAD T.V. is these days? Good freaking night. The worst part is, people who actually watch this shit. Ugh.
-----------------------
Speaking of bad TV...

This has been bothering me for a bit, and follow me on this. For some reason, the media has been pushing reality shows of the most frightening nature onto my television. Now, you know my view on reality TV...but this is different. If you have a daughter of any age, you'll know the fear and dread that lives inside of you. You'd also know that every father..no matter what the personality type dreads the day his daughter becomes a teenager with grown up problems like dating, social lives, money, jobs, college , tampons...whatever.

Well thanks to TV..we now have another problem to deal with: Sweet 16 and Laguna Beach. Yes, these pearls of reality TV are now showing young girls what is REALLY important in life: Such as BMW's and $200,000 birthday parties, as well as hunky surfer losers named "Taz" or catfighting with your friends over looking at some boy wrong.

I don't know about you fathers, but I sure as hell don't need any more pressure to raise my daughter than is already there. I certainly don't come equipped with the parental capability to handle a girl who says, "Daddy...do I get a BMW for my Sweet 16?" Ummmmmm, no. Thanks a log MTV. Once again, you've sunk yourself lower, and smeared your sewage on the on the late great VJ J.J. Jackson. (RIP) No, you had to go and tell kids that it's not OK just to be happy with your life or to have fun with your friends...no. You also have to be loaded, get really expensive cars and have Green Day play at your birthday party. You need to go to Cancun...you need to have co-ed sleepovers and everything else that are going to give me a freaking ulcer before I'm 40.

Somebody please show me that fatherhood brochure again, because I certainly missed it the first time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

2-0 and still no one arrested yet...

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The humpsters haven't been threatened by any evil cheerleaders...once one of those buff cheerleaders start lipping off...then we should see a few charges pressed!

5:24 PM  
Blogger A J said...

That is the name of the year man. Well done. (And it all fit too)

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see how the Bay City Rollers to be blamed for this. I suppose someone in this country was playing 'Bye Bye Baby' on there iPod when the first levee broke, but you're getting a bit harsh there, AJ. :p

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuckin' hell, I was typing like Bookman there. Screw it, you know what I mean.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares