November 26, 2006

Pass the Tylenol


Quite the whirlwind tour for me this weekend, covering 1,100 miles, two punk rock concerts, four bands and a kick-ass day on the slopes in Breckenridge.



I didn't get to to watch too much football this weekend, although I did catch some scores while driving through the middle of nowhere yesterday. Every time I drive through the middle of Nebraska, I am reminded again as to why you people warship your football team. There is absolutely NOTHING out there but tumbleweed, grain cars and an occasional antique store. Good lord, what a desolate shithole the rest of this state is. Not that Missouri, Iowa, South Dakota et al are that exciting...but jeez...mix in a few people now and then.

Had a great time at Breckenridge. Lift lines were a bitch, although while standing for 25 minutes to catch the superchair, I did hear a couple of guys talking about the CU-NU game, and how they hated Nebraska because they were a bunch of hayseeds. It was good to be among friends.


Nonetheless, bowl games are starting to develop. College Basketball is well underway, and the Hicks are staring at one of the hottest teams in the country at Arrowhead next weekend. That couldn't have worked out worse for NU, considering not only would they have had confidence playing UT again (with 70,000 hillbillies in the stands wearing red), but Texas would have been without Colt McCoy, who has played like shit lately anyway.



Now, luckily for you, you get to deal with Paul Thompson and the OU defense. Good luck with that. I'd get into it a bit more, but my ears are still ringing from last night.
AJ




5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aj:
I hope you pass thru the middle of no where more often. We always need the cash when you purchase food, gas, and beer for your trip.

OU may beat NU, BUT....NU IS in the game and not the Missouri Tiger Kittens. Enjoy the Game!

GBR

7:54 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Actually, I made it all the way to Julesburg, so I didn't spend a dime in Nebraska. (Except for Taco Johns in Ogalalla on the way back).

And the only reason NU is in the game is because the game with Mizzou was in Lincoln, and teh big 12 officials fucked mizzou out of a 9th win.

I'm re-energized, and not putting up with the usual horseshit you guys spew out.

OU by 30.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO AJ!!!!!!!!! You are such a tool. OU by 30? Mizzou getting F-ed out of the big 12 title game AFTER youd ranted about how shitty a coach Pinkel was and how Mizzou sucks? I missed my good laugh this weekend while you were gone! Thanks for the pick me up!

fyi- Huskers by at least 7

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am shocked another comment about central and western Nebraska being boring because of the same landscape and then saying the whole state is like that, I've never heard that before.

I doubt the reason would be because you're driving through the same valley for 300 miles. (Kinda like driving next to the ocean for 300 miles, and complaining about seeing water all the time.)

If a person drove U.S. 160 through Missouri, what kind of opinion of the state do you think they'd get?

10:05 AM  
Blogger A J said...

I've had more than my fair share of rants about Missouri on this blog. Go look...they're there.

And yes..it may be a "lame" discussion, but it still rings true. This state is full of complete hayseeds who have absolutely NOTHING on earth to do but harvest or plant. Unless you count the Kearney Archway. You got me there.

Idiots.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares