June 22, 2005

Things that piss me off - A rant in C minor

Now that the three-ring circus known as Husker baseball is over with, it's time to get down to some truely groud-breaking things that have been pissing me off for some time now. And no, I really didn't care that much about Husker baseball or the CWS....but it was certainly annoying to no end to hear people who normally couldn't give a shit less about baseball talk like they are an expert on it.

You know my opinion on this whole season ticket thing, and I'm really not sure where else to go with it. On one hand, it pisses me off to no end that an athletic department would be butt-ass stupid enough to treat season-tickets like shit. But to charge long-time season ticket holders 50% more, because people who only show up for 1/4th of the games don't bleieve it's FAIR, is complete horseshit. FAIR!?!?! Why is it "fair" that I pay money out of my pocket, and go to every game, only to get booted and charged up the ass, meanwhile, some assclown who works for FDR can pay for tickets with his COMPANY'S money, go to one game every 3 months, and then bitch that I'm paying 2 bucks less than him. FUCK YOU FDR guy. This is the problem when you try to mix brie and money with blue-collar sports such as hockey. They just don't mix.

However, that's not to say that you don't need money to compete and thrive. You most certainly do. But you'd think they would grandfather some ticket holders in, or at least give us a tube of KY jelly to lube up first before the athletic department sodomizes me for an extra $350 per month. More on this story as it develops.

----------
Is there a worse band on earth than the White Stripes? Jesus Christ, mix in a bass note from now and then. I know people like the whole freaky incest/sister thing they got going on....but whining to crackly guitars, played on a 3 dollar practice amp isn't exactly the "greatest music on earth" or whatever the hell else Rolling Stone is calling them. Music is subjective, but good freaking god does that guy suck.

----------
Tom Shatel and his abundance of Husker ass-kissing has reached and all-time high. Saying that the recent ASU-NU CWS game was the greatest ever is a bit premature. However, claiming that it was a better game than the 96 Miami-LSU title game (Warren Morris) because "more was at stake" is taking Husker ass-kissing to new dizzying heights. That game was for the NATIONAL FUCKING TITLE. "It wasn't an elimination game?" What the fuck Tom? It was the ULTIMATE elimination game. Luckily, I've learned to live with this homerism anytime I open the paper. Nothing major..just real annoying anytime I'm trying to read the paper.

----------
Nice to see they're FINALLY doing something about the shitty traffic on the JFK freeway in a few weeks. Nice to see they're FINALLY doing it after I move and don't drive it anymore. Also nice to see some businesses (trucking companies) are trying to block the move because they feel it will hurt their traffic. Uhhh...You're a fucking TRUCKING COMPANY. Who the hell is going to be driving by in their Honda Accord adn go, "You know what...I have a huge shipment of nails I need to get to Albany....HEY, there's a place!!! Right there off the freeway!" Dicks. Close these assholes down, hand them a gift certificate to Dennys, and torch the place to the ground so I don't have to sit in traffic for 30 minutes every single night.

----------
What in the FUCK happened to Lindsay Lohan? Good lord, that cocaine is a horrible drug. Way to go from a 10 to a -10 in the span of 8 months.

----------
"Dancing with the Stars?" - What in the FUCK? Who gave women access to Neilsen ratings? Not that I watch TV...the whole thing sucks anyway...but the entire fall of western civilization is drawing near when people are watchign BALLROOM DANCING on PRIMETIME Network Television. Fucking horrible.

----------
Nice to see the Huskers have already lost 2 recruits from next year. Also nice to see everybody I ask say, "That's ok...they sucked anyway." Sigh. Bring on football season....can't wait to see what comes out of their mouth next.

HAPPY TANK TOP WEATHER TO EVERYBODY!!


PS - Zebrahead, August 20th in Boulder, Colorado. Who wants to road trip with me?

7 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

is that the closest they're going to come?

11:55 AM  
Blogger A J said...

No.

They're doing an Omaha show in conjunction with the new album..which will be in the fall.

This is a special deal with CU and the student government there.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

eh...screw the government...

but seriously, I'd think about it if there was a group going out there. I haven't been to Boulder since ye olde ass whipping they got back in '01. I think those pot smoking communists in the hills miss me.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you went to every hockey game AJ, your rant would be more credible :-)

It's a simple question. Either pay for the tickets, or don't. No big deal.

6:10 PM  
Blogger A J said...

NO it's not that simple? What kind of a stupid statement is that? So I should just sit back and go, "Well, it sure was fun, but I can't afford it. I'm bummed, but oh well."

Fuck no. I can sit back and fire off bombs as long as my lungs have air in them. If people sat back and took their problems lying down without doing anything, All of Europe would be speaking German today, and New Coke would be on every billboard in America.

It's all about personal perception. If you don't mind paying it..you go ahead and pay it. But if you can't (And I think 2 kids under the age of 3 with my wife not working now is a pretty good reason), then you piss and moan and write nasty e-mails to AD's until the cows come home.

Get me started man......

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked new Coke.

12:07 PM  
Blogger A J said...

You would.

;)

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares