July 3, 2005

That Time of Year Again....



It's that time of year again...time for my productivity to drop to microscopic levels, as EA College Football is set to come out.

As you can tell by this picture, the designers of the game have obviously caught on to the fact that the Huskers cheat by pulling on facemasks and most likely a clipping non-call going on behind the camera angle. (heh)

Joel, you're the video game guy...what's the scoop on this year's game? I'm not sure if I"m down with all of this high-school recruiting bullshit...I just want to play. However, it's never let me down yet...so we shall see.

Also Matty, I got FIFA 2005 the other day and it's pretty cool. Was wondering if you had that one yet or not.

AJ

PS - Yes kids...keep using those condoms, because once you have kids, your video game playing hours drop significantly. Trust me...a casualty of marraige and family. :)

PPS - Matty, nice to see you bashing Sharapova on Mavpuck this week. How long have you been gay? ;) (haha)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When does it come out, the 15th?

Anyways yeah, FIFA 05 is really good, and that series seems to get better every year. Pro Evolution and Winning Eleven are probably still a little better in terms of gameplay, but with FIFA you can play with literally anybody. The one thing I don't like is that on the career mode it takes a while to move up. I didn't get to manage Manchester City until my third season, which makes two years in MLS and the Spanish second division boring as hell.

Oh, and I'm not ghey, I'm just a bleeding heart liberal that hates America. :p

3:13 PM  
Blogger A J said...

At least you're honest.

:)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Coach said...

I'm not entirely sure, but was that a jab at me, Matthew?

5:19 PM  
Blogger something_something said...

Could be, son, could be. :p

You playing with PSG, AJ?

7:00 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Actually, not yet. I'm starting with French Div II, which I've chosen Angers. My buddy's in-laws live there, and we caught a game when I was there the last time. (They kind of look like the raiders)

I'm actually thinking of doing the Brazilian league, because the teams are super good there. Although with college football ready to come out..I'm not sure how much of a chance I'll have to play it.

Oh well.

PS - Alex, I already knew you hated America. Tell me something new.

:)

8:57 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Well your Rose-colored glasses have clouded your ability to see the fact that the felon who is holding the ball CLEARLY put his hand THROUGH the facemask of the Mizzou defender, and has delivered a cheap and illegal blow to the head.

I'm not sure what you're looking at. ;)

PS - Is that EA thing the situation where they got the NFL to get away from the ESPN games because they said they had a copyright? Fuck John Madden.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I have FIFA05 as well, and I enjoy more than previous versions. Though, I find it more enjoyable since I don't have a dead-set fav team. Decided beating up on the MLS didn't look like too much fun, so I started in Holland, and am finishing up a single season in MLS, and will move on again.

I am boycotting EA as well, with the exception of hockey, because there is just nothing better.

I am disappointed in the licesing agreement though-- and I believe it has affected baseball as well. ASB didn't release a version this year, which has me bummed.

12:32 AM  
Blogger A J said...

I haven't bought Madden in two years. It's gotten increasingly crappy by being too fast...too expensive and too unrealistic.

I'll stick with college basketball and soccer for now, as well as Call of Duty. Nothing like shooting Nazi's to get your mind off of your day.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can't stand Madden anymore either. I am looking forward to posting the second season of My Playstation Hates The Huskers, though, and so should you. :p

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares