July 6, 2005

Tour De France Special


The Tour de France started this week. Lots of people are watching closely because of Lance Armstrong and his bid for an unprecedented 7th TDF title...I'm struck by something that I think is rather odd. Stop me if I'm wrong here but.....

IT'S A FUCKING BIKE RACE!! IN FRANCE NO LESS!?!?! Who fucking cares?!?!? Lance Armstrong is a great athlete, but do we really need updates EVERY FUCKING DAY?

Before Lance Armstrong came around, I could give even less of a shit about this thing. You wanna know something else...I know LOTS of French people..I've been there several time...AND THEY FUCKING HATE IT TOO!

I don't care how manly Lance is...it's awesome that he's pissing off Euros and winning this race....but I really really don't give a shit about this. Maybe I'm the only one, and you can call me crazy. Until then, I'm not going to piss myself over something that is supposed to make me proud to be an American. I don't need that. I have war to cheer for.

AJ

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, yeah...Rick might kill you for this.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything that pisses off Euros, especially Frenchies, is A-OK in my book.

Last year during my hiatus from the gainfully employed, I watched the TDF from start to finish. At 7:30am each morning. It was interesting. I'm following it again this year, except on tape delay at night.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

Christ, AJ. Just for that I won't share my bordeaux with you.

7:54 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Sam told me that I was being too nice...so I had to do something a bit more contraversial. ;)

That, and I wanted to use the picture of the little French guy. I love that one!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

heehee. Lance bothers me b/c he "went Hollywood" by dating Sheryl Crow. bleh.

9:40 AM  
Blogger A J said...

Cheryl Crow is a great Missourian and a very talented musician. You take that back!!!!

;)

(hehe)

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares