September 21, 2005

Morning Coffee - the "Sorry I'm a mess" edition


I've been too tore up over Kenny and Renee broke up. I'm just too crushed to go on.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh K now, I'm over it.

----------
Kudos to the Huskers for being the worst 3-0 team in the history of sports. They took over the top spot from a cricket team in Pakistan in 1985 who won their first three games against an orphanage after a typhoon. Congrats to Bill Callahan and his team. Speaking of which..I thought he was going to start doing summersaults after that game. I've never seen anybody so excited after his team looked so shitty.

Ahhh well...reality in the form of Iowa State and Texas Tech are looming. We'll see if he's smiling then, or if he's fighting off players who want to try to stab him. (Like in Oakland) We shall see.
----------

The fact that we are losing ground in education and life expectancy to the rest of the world PALES in comparison to the fact that "Dancing with the Stars" is the #1 show on TV.
----------

UNO hockey starts soon...and I'm just not feeling it. Maybe I'm still bitter at the shitty way I was treated as a season ticket holder...or maybe I'm just upset of the way it was handled. All in all, the team should be pretty good..maybe even scary good...but who in the hell is going to be there to see them? I'm afriad this whole thing is now screwed up beyond repair..and the AHL is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back. (Even though they won't strive either because the market is saturated.) Either way, with the UNO athletic department bitching and moaning like a Kansas basketball fan standing next to an empty bottle of Zima...you know that they have run out of ideas.

I'll still most likely go to games. I'll still follow the team. However, I can already tell that my intrest and my intensity toward the game has taken a major hit. The only way they can change things now is two fold...they must win..and they must make a concerted effort to win back the season ticket holders that they shit on. They do that..they MIGHT survive. If not...it's iceburg, dead ahead.

----------
Yours truly, the king of Fremont and Uncle T will be heading to the Missouri vs. Nebraska football game this year. Expect more drunken audio posts (way worse, since there is no driving involved), photos etc. And for all of you Husker fans who want to stop by and say hello, because you and I are tight....don't. I'm warning you now. You don't want to run into me on that morning wearing your Crouch jersey and your big felt red had. I'm serious. Don't do it.

This year's theme, in honor of our New Orleans brothers and sisters will be Mardi Gras as Faurot. Cajun music, beads and the best tailgate cajun food you've ever had await you...if of course you stop by NOT wearing a big goofy-ass piece of yellow foam corn on your head.

Later

8 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

I'm just amped for hockey, period. I'm excited to see the pro game whenever I want to, that'll be cool. And when UNO goes out of town for three or four weeks it'll be nice to have some good hockey in town.

I'll drink to Joel's comment about respect, when shit changes, people start pointing fingers instead of grabbing the bull by the balls.

I love how NU rushed the field like they just won the fucking Rose Bowl. They won the Short Bus Bowl you fucking tards. Show some class.

10:52 AM  
Blogger A J said...

Kenny Chesney and Renee Zelwigger. They broke up you know. It's a national tradgedy. (Or so says the lady here at work with WAY too much time on her hands.)

Concur on the Pinkel comment Joel. I have no response to the truth.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goal is to make it out of the great city of Columbia with a functioning liver! I think that we can handle a 1/2 barrel!

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you don't want any of the Husker tards up in yer grill. Kellen Huston's probably looking to knock you out this year.

9:04 AM  
Blogger A J said...

Bring his sorry ass. He isn't so tough without pads. Besides, he can't touch me...it would violate his probation.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Husker Mike said...

I'm not Nebraska is the WORST 3-0 team in the country.

After all, Baylor and Vanderbilt are also 3-0....

8:30 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Vandy actually may not be THAT bad. I haven't seen them yet..but from what I heard, that Cutler kid is pretty good.

Nebraska will either get over, or get exposed in the next two weeks. I'm not completely sure that ISU can win in Lincoln..but Texas Tech is pretty f'ing good.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe the Hooskers are favored by 4 - higher according to some others who actually gamble.

I watched quite a bit of the ISU/Army game Friday night. I thought Army looked pretty decent, and ISU pretty sluggish.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares