January 7, 2006

The Return of Morning Coffee


Well, now that football is over, it's time to sit back...re-evaluate things, and get back to the other things in life that are pissing me off. Sit back and enjoy...this could get a little long.

- I was wrong in my pre-season college football preview. Actually, I only missed a few key points. First of all, I thought Texas would piss away all that talent. They didn't. Props to Mack Brown for finally gathering enough talent on his team to overcome even his shitty coaching. I actually nailed the Big 12 North (6 for 6) and only had Texas and OU swapped in the south. That's a pretty high bar to shoot for next year, but I'll do what I can. Also, props again to Gary Pinkel for saving his job. Actually, Brad Smith saved his job, but that's neither here nor there. Next season will be the true sign of his abilities to coach. Chase Daniel...welcome to the fire.

- Is there a bigger trainwreck than UNO hockey right now? Losing to Mankato after up 2-0 in the 3rd and then getting their ass pasted by a TERRIBLE Notre Dame team...at HOME? In front of 7,000 fans? Are you fucking kidding me? This team has more talent than god, but gets more and more lazy by the game it seems. Can SOMEBODY...ANYBODY make a check? There is no emotion. No fire. No anything on nights when things go wrong.

This boils down to two things: Leadership and coaching. Bill Thomas and Scott Parse are incredible talents...but they aren't guys who are going to pull a team behind them. With the schedule getting tougher by the week, it appears painfully obvious that the leadership on this team is failing. It's only a matter of time before fingers need to be pointed at the captains and ultimately, the coaching staff. Why do I get the feeling that UNO is the KC Chiefs of college hockey? Tons of talent...a huge home-ice advantage...and ALWAYS one piece of the puzzle away from getting to the next level? This is the most important time in the program's history. Piss away more games like last night, and the "Fire Mike Kemp" bandwagon will pick up steam quickly.

- I got the "Monty Python - Quest for the Holy Grail" deluxe DVD for Christmas. Simply brilliant. If you get a chance, it's the best 20 bucks you'll ever spend. (Just an idea for that Best Buy gift card you have burning a hole in your pocket.

- Is there anything more pathetic than Husker fans rooting for Texas to win last week, so that USC won't take their coveted "Best team of all time" label away? In what is sure to go down as one of the most selfish and egotistical acts by fans...most Husker fans I know sold their soul and rooted for TEXAS to make sure this didn't happen. Do they not know that they are recruiting against Texas in their own conference? Do they not know that Texas has pretty much taken over the Big 12 on and off the field, and this isn't going to help matters at all. Nice going Husker fan...worrying about something that happened 10 years ago, and how the rest of the country will see you. Worry about the fucking here and now, and stop living through a faded "94-95 back to back" bupmer sticker you have on your combine.

- Speaking of idiot Husker fans...is there anything more pathetic than Husker fan trying desperately to figure out who I am? For one...I'm ONE guy. Secondly, this just proves my point that Husker fans...under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES absolutely CAN NOT handle somebody with a different view than their own. I'm not sure how many times I have to make this point..but it keeps coming up. Every single time you link to this blog...every single time you quote me...you make my point for me. You'd think it would be simple...but apparently, it's not

So keep on "not caring about your stupid blog" and not hitting it..over and over and over and over again. The sooner you realize that I know you better than you know you....the better.

41 days to Torino and the Winter Olympics in person...can't wait for that.

Hope you had a good holiday (Except for Mr. OTC, who can go fuck himself) Back to the grind.

AJ

2 Comments:

Blogger Husker Mike said...

We didn't "sell our soul", we "held our nose". There's no love for either USC or Tejas, so it was choose your poison. The arrogance of ESPN vs. the arrogance of Tejas.

Frankly, I never understood the hype meter on USC; I thought Texas was the better team, and I was surprised that the game was as close as it was.

5:42 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Thank god JP...I was worried about you. Nice weekend? Busy day at work? Whoops..obviously not.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares