September 22, 2006

That's it, I'm throwing down the gauntlet


I told myself this early this past week: If we get to Friday, and the Husker coaches, media and fans are STILL talking about USC and winning the north, then I was going to do it. I was going to go against "Husker Magic" and everything I ever felt about God giving the Huskers every break on earth. Well, listening to local radio this afternoon, reading about the game this weekend (and the lack of fear Husker fan is showing) I've made up my mind.

I'm throwing down the gauntlet. I don't do this often...but I have a feeling about this one.

Troy beats Nebraska straight up tomorrow.

If I'm wrong, at least I'll get a traffic boost. :) Perhaps I'll be wrong. Perhaps I'll be very wrong. But don't say I didn't tell you so when you come back here tomorrow night.

Enjoy the games tomorrow. I know I will.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I've been meaning to ask, AJ. Do we get credit for last week's idiots who ran out onto their patio during the Husker game to watch the tornado?

12:18 AM  
Blogger Husker Mike said...

Sam: Real Husker fans wouldn't stop watching a Husker game to watch a tornado, unless of course, the Husker game was pre-empted by tornado coverage. Even then, going out to watch the tornado would only rate as the 3rd or 4th most important thing to do. #1 would be to find a radio covering the game and #2 would be to call the TV station and complain.

:-)

11:48 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Thanks for the clarification, Mike.

Of course, I was sitting at Chaz' 21st party with Matty, luaghing my ass off when they went to the splitscreen of the game and radar.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares