March 6, 2007

Quick thoughts

Sorry about slacking, but stupid fryer broke down at work again and it's been hell. (Plus, the McNugget shipment was late)

Anyhow...few quit hits before I get back into the swing of things:

- Congratulations Creighton..you're the best mediocre team from a shitty conference out there. I think the reason I dislike them so much is because 75% of them are Husker football fans who don't have the sack to actually root for a crappy team. (Speaking of which...congrats to Doc and his boys on their loss at Colorado and 10th place finish).

I don't despise CU as much as the Huskers...never will. However, their bandwagon, tofu eating fans are almost as annoying. In many cases...more so, because they actually are Husker fans...in blue t-shirts.

- NU baseball is 6-4. Anybody notice? Or does nobody pay any attention until April before they become the biggest fans on earth?

- Nice to meet Husker Mike's family the other night. Very nice people. (Despite what JP says)

- God I love posts about how the music I listen to sucks. Nothing more self-righteous than telling somebody else what to enjoy.

- Nascar fan...still pissed.

- Do or die for UNO hockey this weekend at Michigan State. I've said all along they have the talent to make a run, and now it's time to put that theory to the test. This entire season, it was never a question of talent, but motivation and heart. I wouldn't be shocked by a UNO victory or two this weekend...but I also wouldn't be shocked if they got rolled as well. Guess we'll see which team showed up.

- Sorry for the delay. I'll try to make up for it this week.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, does Nascar fan even know what the internet is? I think youre making all that shit up. Second, that 10th place Husker basketball team swept your shitty Missery team. Scoreboard, you bandwagoning piece of shit. Third, you and "Husker" Mike are a perfect combo, in fact, I bet "Husker" Mike is Frankie Solich himself, so you two will have plenty of Callahan/Pederson bashing to do now that the families have met. Fourth, UNO SUCKS AND IS EVEN MORE IRRELEVENT THAN CREIGHTON. Fifth, GO BIG RED.

9:37 PM  
Blogger A J said...

You have become more and more angry over the past few months. What the fuck is your problem? So you swept Missouri..you finished 10th. You haven't won an NCAA game EVER. (Re-read that last sentence) At least Mizzou had two good football years in the 60's.

And GOD FORBID, I say it was nice to meet Mike. Jesus man, can't I at least be CORDIAL to people? Fuck man, what's your deal?

And as for Creighton being "irrelivant"..I do find that kinda funny..considering they are going to the big dance, and Doc Sadler's boys are turing in their equipment Thursday night. THey might suck and their fans are for shit..but they're better than you.

Congratulations, you've passed up JG as the most batshit reader I have. Your prize is in the mail.

9:40 PM  
Blogger A J said...

PS - I do find it ironic that when I don't write about these things..you still get pissed off. There's no pleasing you.

PPS - I do have a friend..he is a Nascar fan..and he's still pissed off. Why would I make that up?

You give me a headache.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bluejays on taking down Southern and effectively allowing only 2 MVC teams into the dance. Regarding Creighton fans, some of those folks might actually be CU alums and root for Nebraska football due to the simple fact that they don't have a football team (not counting the European version). The same can be said for Husker fans rooting for UNO hockey. Surely the majority of those carp throwers (?) are also Husker fans come fall Saturdays. We are all a collective bunch of sports enthusiasts that wants Omaha sports and Nebraska sports to well (except maybe you on that last one).

P.S. A lot of folks are already following NU baseball this season but since games for the first month and a half are away in sunny locations (and sometimes without coverage) we can't get super excited yet. Also, last weekend sucked and I hope the boys can rally for this week’s series with Alabama.

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo AJ...will I be able to catch you out at Haymarket to watch my alma mater Western Illinois University beat the dog shit out of the Huskers here in a couple of weeks?

Go Leathernecks!

12:09 AM  
Blogger A J said...

Lots of northern teams start out slow in college baseball. Just making sure you guys knew I was watching. (heh)

And yes, I love the leathernecks.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Husker Mike said...

Nice to meet up with 'ya as well. I'm curious to see how things go up in Lansing this weekend for the Mavs as well. We both feel this team is much better than their record, and Sparty hasn't been playing very well the last couple of weeks. UNO's five game winning streak gets an asterisk because 2 were against the Perverts, but a sweep in Alaska is nothing to sneeze at.

Of course, I'm also hoping to stall off the "Fire Kemp" thread for another week or two... :-)

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares