February 28, 2007

Rapid Fire Wednesday - The Civil War Continues

Some rapid fire thoughts in the wake of the rapidly escalating Husker Civil War:

* Is it just me, or did Al Gore gain about 300lbs since he left office? Good lord man, I know you're the "green" politician...but feel free to partake in some other greens...such as a salad.

* I saw that Husker Mike had posted the letter the Athletic department sent out to Husker season ticket holders. (Click here) Uhhhh....what? Steve Pederson was right all along? Is this a joke? Who on earth would be smug enough..self-indulgent enough...and down right arrogant enough to approve sending that out? Great gobs of horseshit is that ballsy. Did he think nobody would see it? Did he think people would just nod and go, "You know what Steve..I DID enjoy losing to a mediocre Auburn team at 10am on New Years day. I DID enjoy watching Oklahoma smack us in Kansas City in front of 70,000 of our own fans. WHERE'S MY CHECKBOOK!?!?

I knew it was bad, and I've known he was a smug jackass all along...but this is taking it to a whole new level. As I said yesterday, I don't really care about the Shatel security thing..because that stuff happens everywhere. But this kinda stuff.....wow.

I can't wait for him to paint giant murals of himself all over Lincoln like Saddam Hussein.

* Nascar fan: STILL pissed off at me.

* Playoff time for UNO hockey, and coming to town are the brown-clad sexual deviants from Bowling Green. For those of you that don't care about UNO hockey...I invite you to keep reading, because this is actually pretty funny. Last season, a group of BG hockey upperclassmen decided to haze the freshman in a ritual outing, somewhere near the outskirts of Bowling Green. (How do they know where the town ends? Good question for another time.) Anyway, said hockey guys decided it would be fun to strip the freshmen naked, wrap them in duct tape, and mark all over their bodies with Sharpies.

You see the humor in all this don't you?

Now these same group of perverted players haul their last-place, 1 goal per game scoring asses to Omaha for a weekend series. I've said it in other places, and I'll say it here. This should be a series that UNO absolutely thumps the Falcons. They have more speed. Better skaters. Deeper bench etc etc. And yes..it scares the hell out of me, because these are the kinds of games UNO loves to tank.

I guess we shall see.

* Husker spring game coming in a month or so. I would love to get on the J.C. Keller train early, but I think I'm going to have my fill of it over the next few weeks. Then again, Steve Pederson may have the entire facility guarded by Blackhawk helicopters and mortars, so we may not hear that much about it.

* Yes, I'm in my 30's and I posted a music video on my blog. I don't care what you think. I like it.

* I don't ever need to see Melissa and Joan Rivers ever again. I've seen them at least 3 times on TV this week, and I think you and I both know that about 3 times too many. I don't care if Jessica Beil's dress was fabulous...I don't care if Leo DiCaprio's tux was stunning...I don't need to hear about it 5 days later. I'm sorry....I just don't.

* Finally, Big 12 season coming to a close this week. Not a whole lot of surprises along the way, which is too bad. The more I look at the projected brackets, the more I see this as a down year for upstarts and Cinderella's. Then again, I've missed just about every prediction I've ever made on this blog in the past few years, so I guess that means we'll see Drexel in the Final Four.

* Look for something a little bit different in my next post. Bare with me......

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The quick answer AJ to how you can tell where Bowling Green ends is... you can't. Bowling Green sits right on I-75 here in Ohio and unless you notice the baseball fields or the high school-esque football stadium you wouldn't know what it was. I know where it is because I had the stupidity to buy Mizzou tickets when they played there in '02 (I think) and got rained on for 4 quarters as I watched Mizzou get bludgeoned by a F-ing MAC team.

7:03 PM  
Blogger A J said...

I was at that game. Sucked sucked sucked. The Harris kept throwing 50 yard bombs in the rain that would just land in the receiver's hand on the fly...never seen anything like that.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Who actually wrote that godawful "letter" to Husker season ticket holders, and did he actually have Pederson's dick in his mouth at the time he wrote it?

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so when is the "shatel gets pimpslapped by steve pederson" post coming?

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares