December 2, 2008

Dead Blog Walking

This is how I know the end is near.

Here you all are…fresh off your EPIC win over a so-tough-they-should-be-ranked-but-aren't Colorado team… Now you’re set to go to another NEW YEARS DAY BOWL!!!!! You’re feeling confident. You're feeling good. You’re feeling great about the future. You’re feeling great about order finally being restored.

And it’s still hard for me to even find the strength to mock you.

I figured that once you have your little uprising that it would inject life into my little online crusade here. I figured I’d listen to local radio..maybe receive a few e-mails from friends and co-workers and I’d be right back to hating your guts in no time. After all as I’ve said for ages…it’s WAY WAY easier to write this column when you are winning. Watching you implode into a giant fireball was fun…but even your pseudo run at miniature glory isn’t enough to make me care all that much. But unfortunately...even today....nothing.

You still haven’t beaten a top 20 team since Joe Ganz was in Junior High. You haven’t beaten a top 20 team on the road since most of you were in junior high. You’ve prayed on the meek for the victories you DO get and fall short in pretty much every test you’ve taken since Miami was done wiping the floor with you in the Rose Bowl way back when.

And yet none of that has really changed. Oh sure, you’ll beat the teams you are supposed to beat. And sure, some teams still crumble at the sight of all those 80 year olds in matching sweaters 8 Saturday’s out of the fall. But in the end, that BIG STEP, that “return to greatness” is still nearly as far away today as it was the day Steve Pederson stepped up to the microphone, and made you national laughingstocks for the entire world to chuckle at. Wish as you might…you still should be embarassed to celebrate such menial goals that would barely even make the post-season banquet “other accomplishments” section of past Husker teams.

I’m not jumping ship just as you are ‘returning to glory’. I heard all of this back in 2006. No, I’m jumping ship because I know what is going to happen. I know Bo Pelini is parlaying mediocre talent leftover from the Callahan administration, and maximizing it against some of the worst collections of conference foes in Big 12 history.

I may not be there in a year or two to remind you of this when it happens..but rest assured, you will remember my words, and shake your head in reluctant disbelief that I called your demise yet again…even if for one year, you are too blinded with giddy mediocrity to even see it.

Ho hum…same shit…every other year.

**

I’d be failing you if I didn’t at least mention the gigantic shit-spat going on nationally this week, as Oklahoma once again gets over on Texas for the right to take on Missouri at Arrowhead. (What do you have going on Saturday night? Anything special planned?) Anyhow, you all know the argument and you all know the reasons why or why not the Big 12 did the right thing by handing the opportunity to advance to Oklahoma. However, if you want to get technical about the whole thing…the real key here is Missouri.

Why Missouri?

Because if Mizzou had actually lived up to their pre-season hype..and actually become the team lots of people (outside of this state) thought they would be…then this “outrage” would be coming from a completely different angle. Hell, even if more of you sold your souls and actually became a dominant power again (sorry..had to stop and giggle to myself for a bit thinking of your “big win” over toothless Colorado)…even if the Huskers sat at 12-0, the griping today would be coming DIRECTLY from Bob Stoops’ desk...not Mack Brown.

Why? Because in this exact same scenario, Oklahoma would be bitching about having to play an EXTRA game in Big 12 North territory against a team that…for the sake of this scenario…could knock them out of title contention, all while Texas stays home and watch. Granted, it’s big-risk and big-reward, but don’t think for a second that all of this is due to 30 minutes of awful Missouri football in Austin. Take that away, and there isn’t NEARLY as much “outrage” across the land.
This is a big deal because everybody assumes the Missouri game is a glorified scrimmage. Even if it is, the media firestorm caused by this is laughable...considering history has taught us lessons like this before.

**

Speaking of Missouri, I’m guessing you all want my take on just how the hell I’m going to spin something positive for the Tigers as they head into Kansas City Saturday as anywhere from 15 to 17 point underdogs.

Some of you probably don’t remember this..but those of you who were here during 2005 and 2006 know that I actually do bash my own team when it’s appropriate. The problem for the rest of you is..Mizzou has won 21 games in less than 2 complete seasons, and in the gigantic outhouse that is the Big 12 North, that’s crappy enough competition overall to make any good team appear great. That's why it appears I'm such a "Mizzou homer". If I had a reason to really bash them...trust me, I would.

Anyhow, both teams are coming in hobbled. Oklahoma is down to their 4th string middle linebacker, and Sam Bradford is set to have surgery following the game on his thumb. Mizzou has Chase Coffman playing at less than 100% with turf toe, and reports on Jeremy Maclin’s availability continue to be sketchy regarding his status. (There are even rumors of Chase Daniel having shoulder problems over the past few weeks, but I can’t really substantiate those without sounding like a pussy homer, so I shall digress.)

Anyhow, I’m going to agree with the masses that the Tigers have less than even a slim chance of pulling off the upset. Oklahoma landed SEVEN players on the 1st team All-Big 12 team. SEVEN. Think about how absolutely ridiculously stupid that is. Granted, Missouri is playing at home, but one look at local ticket agencies show that Tiger nation is following Wall Street’s recent lead, and dumping tickets to OU fans at an alarming rate. (And yes, as quick as I am to point out what rotten, horrible fans you idiots are in this state…I am just as quick to point out that my own team has some of the worst. Unlike you though…it doesn’t keep me up at night worrying what others think about my team.)

Regardless, although completely undermanned, Missouri does have a LOT of intangibles going for them this weekend, most notably is the fact that these are 18-22 year old kids who are motivated/unmotivated by the simplest of things. I remember in my playing days that the quickest way to get a team fired up, is to hear from those around you that you can’t do something. Sounds corny, but we see this time and time again in college football. One team comes prepared..the other doesn’t.

Look at last week’s Missouri vs. Kansas game for perfect examples of that theory.

The other major item I see in play is two fold. The first is Oklahoma’s defense. OU has given up more points in Big 12 play than Missouri has, which is a pretty bold feat considering how bad the Tigers have played the pass this year. In order for the OU beatdown to take place, the Sooner D is going to have to get into Mizzou’s head with a few 3 and outs early on…just as KU did last week. The Tiger offense is potent, but they’ve shown very little ability to keep their heads up after getting hit with body blows early in games. Jump up 14 points early, and the stadium will be nearly empty by halftime, with temps expected to be in the low 20's during the game.

The second factor is turnovers..which is pretty obvious. Oklahoma is +20 in turnover margin this year, which like the All-conference nods, is completely ridiculous. Also ridiculous is the fact that OU has fumbled the football 14 times. But that's not the ridiculous part. No the ridiculous part is, they’ve only lost ONE of those. Hell, drop a football in front of yourself in your living room, and see if you can fall directly on it with nobody around you. Odds are you probably won’t get it right away 13 out of 14 times. Not sure if that's luck or skill, but it's certainly something to keep in mind. OU doesn't hurt themselves...ever.

Anyhow, yours truly will be there rain or frozen..live from the upper deck of Arrowhead, decked in multiple layers and filled to the brim with bourbon and God knows what else. I’m not about to make any stupid predictions that Missouri is going to shock the world, because I think it would take a TON of things to go right for that to happen. However, there is enough talent playing in front of a mostly home crowd that would keep things from getting out of hand.

I may change my mind later in the week, but right now, my gut is a 49-39 Oklahoma win. The cold, the crowd, the expectations and a Mizzou team that actually shows up, should keep OU from hitting on all cylinders. Did I mention Missouri kept OU under 400 yards in both their meetings last year? Hmmmmmmm…..

Power Poll

NORTH:
(* Probable slot)

1) Missouri (9-3, 5-3) vs. Oklahoma @Kansas City – Tigers take on the world Saturday vs. the Soviet Union of college football teams. After a tough loss Saturday, is there enough gas in the tank to make a run at OU? Will they finally find the guts that made them a top 5 team last season? Probably not..but we shall see. Stranger things have happened.

2) Kansas (7-5, 4-4) @ Insight.com Bowl* - Rumor has it KU is going to forfeit the annual bowl in Arizona, and continue to celebrate it’s annual Super Bowl vs. Missouri throughout the new year. Joking aside as I said earlier this week, they did earn it. Where was that team all year? That's the question I would ask if I was a KU fan. (Right after I figure out who drank my last Zima and stole my Kenny G album)

3) Nebraska (8-4, 5-3) @ Gator Bowl - The greatest Cinderella story ever told ends in the fantastic southern Camelot known as Jacksonville against one of the toughest teams in the nation…Clemson. This battle is sure to be the talk of the college football world, as dozens of overweight farmers will hop on planes to figure out Clemson is decent, even MAC teams get to play after January 1st and Jacksonville is not only a toilet, but it really isn't that warm.

4) Colorado (5-7, 2-6) Season Complete – Great showing by Dan Hawkins’ team in light of a crushing defeat. One has to wonder how much of a springboard that game will be going into 2009, and just how their year would have changed had they actually rushed NU’s geek kicker before he struck the ball. As if they needed another reason to hate Nebraska.

5) Kansas State (5-7, 2-6) Season Complete – Bill Snyder is already working the KC area, making appearances and hopping on the recruiting trail. He’s not actually serious about this coaching thing, is he? I mean..it was all fun and jokes for a while..but he's still acting like he's the coach. You mean you guys were SERIOUS about him coming back? Whoa.

6) Iowa State (2-10, 0-8) Season Complete – Clones starting off the hoops season fairly well at 4-1 with their only loss a tough decision at Hawaii.


SOUTH

1) Oklahoma (11-1, 7-1) vs. Missouri @Kansas City - The Sooners have now spent the better part of two weeks listening to how they are the greatest offense in the history of college football. Tickets to Miami are booked, and national pundits are already breaking down an OU vs. Florida/Alabama match up. Anybody who doesn’t see this coming….

2) Texas (11-1, 7-1) @ TBD – Texas has a right to be pissed…somewhat. However, the bitching and crying going on in cyberspace and in the media is out of control. You’re fucking Texas..you run the league. It’s not like you’re going to suddenly suck next year. When Jerry Jones gets the Big 12 title game permanently, you’ll have a lifetime home-field advantage. Yes you got screwed. Life sucks, wear a lifejacket.

3) Texas Tech (11-1, 7-1) @ Cotton Bowl* - Granted, they got crushed by OU..but wasn’t that in Norman? The Raiders may be the most dissed 1 loss BCS conference team in the history of college football. Perhaps scheduling an actual 1-A team in the non-conference season is in order next year?

4) Oklahoma State (9-3, 5-3) @ Holiday Bowl* - Just as I’ve said all year..the Cowboys have a great team..but they just aren’t deep enough to beat the big boys. Great effort on Saturday, but not no semblance of defense. A trip to San Diego is a nice consolation prize though.

5) Baylor (4-8, 2-6) Season Complete – I’m 100% positive, without a shadow of a doubt that Baylor is the single greatest 8 loss team in the history of college football. Did you see the Tech game Saturday? God help the poor team that has to go down there next year and…heh…oh wait.

6) Texas A&M (4-8, 2-6) Season Complete – Pitchers and catchers report for spring baseball in 4 short weeks.

55 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybody ON EARTH knows that if Moo and the Skers played tomorrow, Nebraska would take them to the woodshed.

You jealsous dicks have fallen from grace and I love it!

8:10 AM  
Blogger DrewMG said...

Did you somewhere in your blog justify having KU above NU despite NU having scoreboard by 10?

Just curious if I missed it. Probably has something to do with us being hicks, I suppose.

9:00 AM  
Blogger A J said...

No, I said Kansas had no motivation and is still a better overall team. Plus, they would also be 8-4 with your schedule.

You guys act like I'm a Harris Poll voter or something. Jeez.

PS - That first comment? Awesome.

9:13 AM  
Blogger DrewMG said...

No motivation? What about the decades of running up the score? What about the holier-than-thou attitude of Husker fans that you like to point out? What about the fact that they weren't favored in the game despite winning by 150 points last season?

It's easy to say that they are a better team overall if you just look at comparative performance against Missouri, but you can't do that, otherwise you're saying that Nebraska could take Texas to overtime. No, the better way to compare teams is head-to-head, if it exists. It does, and Nebraska won by 10.

But hey, your blog, your rules. KU was unmotivated.

9:45 AM  
Blogger A J said...

So if that's the case, why are you idiots blathering on about, "If we played Mizzou now, we'd kick their ass"?

You can't have it both ways.

And KU was unmotivated against Mizzou? Uhhhh...yeah. That's why they went apeshit after the game. That's why Mangino invited every single Ath Dept employee down to the field for a picture with teh scoreboard.

You sir..are a moron.

10:01 AM  
Blogger DrewMG said...

So if that's the case, why are you idiots blathering on about, "If we played Mizzou now, we'd kick their ass"?

We're not all saying that. I'm certainly not.


And KU was unmotivated against Mizzou? Uhhhh...yeah. That's why they went apeshit after the game. That's why Mangino invited every single Ath Dept employee down to the field for a picture with teh scoreboard.

I never said that. I asked why you are discounting Nebraska's win versus KU, and you said it was because KU was unmotivated when they played Nebraska. I never indicated that KU was unmotivated vs. Mizzou. Obviously that's the case.

You sir..are a moron.

You sir.. are misunderstanding my comments.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Husker Alum living in Norman, and I have a gut feeling you will pull off a miracle this weekend. The last time OU was this hyped going into a BIG XII Championship was 2003. I had the privalege of attending the Army/Navy game that year before heading to the bar to watch OU get publicly mollested by K-State. AJ, I leave Friday for Philly to attend the Army/Navy game once again. Go Tigs!!!!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ,

Using your logic, Kansas should be ranked number 1 in the North. They just beat Missouri head to head last week on a neutral field! Obviously KU's loss to Nebraska doesn't mean a thing since KU is the better team.

Strength of schedule smack from a Missouri fan? Are you fucking kidding me? Kansas AND Nebraska would be 9-3 with Missouri's schedule.

But hey, your blog, your rules. I'm glad you decided to put yourself out of your Mizzery by shutting it down.

10:41 AM  
Blogger A J said...

Sorry Drew...not sure what you're getting at.

I'm just going by overall body of work. In my eyes, KU and Nebraska are VERY similar, but I'd give the Squaks a bit of an edge due to being more battle tested and more talented..at least from top to bottom.

Doesn't help I was out of the country during the NU-KU game, but from seeing NU many times, and seeing KU on TV...I have a hard time seeing just how that happened...and even though it did...how KU could sleepwalk through that.

If it makes anybody feel any better, I really hate both teams. If I could find a way to put Colorado #2..I would.

11:06 AM  
Blogger DrewMG said...

Haha, no worries AJ.

I just think that it's a stretch to put NU below KU, but I understand that as someone who hates both teams, you're entitled to shit on both as you see fit.

I'm an ardent Husker fan who realizes that you're right more often than you're wrong but you can't blame NU fans for getting riled up when you rank them directly behind a team they beat just a few weeks ago.

11:11 AM  
Blogger A J said...

No worries Drew. I'm going to let you in on a small secret though...I like pissing off Nebraksa fans.

Shhhhhhh

Heh

11:19 AM  
Blogger DrewMG said...

Man, you're only a few weeks away from shutting down the blog for good, and you GIVE AWAY THE ENDING.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the end of the day one thing stands clear, we are CO-CHAMPIONS OF THE NORTH and we got our ass handed to us 52-17! But that does not matter because we are still CO-CHAMPIONS OF THE NORTH!

What will I be doing Saturday night? Watching Missouri and OU play! And Mizzou better play hard I switched my bet and went with them and the points!

Cold weather with poor conditions will make it tough for Bradford with that gimp hand. Hell I would love to see Mizzou win the damn game, makes us losing so bad a bit easier knowing we lost to the champ! Or should I say CO-CHAMPIONS!

I went to Shreveport AJ and that was the armpit of the earth. Jacksonville can't be that bad, hell like it matters I am going to find out for myself anyway.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS, Drew give it up bud your playing right into AJs hands! Dumbass!

11:40 AM  
Blogger A J said...

Heh, you guys are actually pretty funny today.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What am I doing Saturday night??? I'm going to watch Oklahoma beat the shit out of your pathetic, wanna-be, piece of shit team and butt rape Chase Daniel like a Bosnian whore.

I actually am looking forward to "The Holocaust" part II in Kansas City this Saturday. My 52 inch HDTV is so damned clear that I'll be able to see Chase's lipstick get smeared when the whole fucking OU defense comes crashing in to break his fat, pussy ass. They might even spit on the whiney bitch.

KU over us? Are you fucking kidding mean you tampon-sucking water head? Is it your fucking over-sized tongue, downs syndrome fucked brain that led you to that conclusion or do you work for the BSC you cunt.

Go suck a turd AJ!

12:10 PM  
Blogger A J said...

"Tampon sucking water head" is one of the dumbest things ever written in the comment section.

But the Bosnian whore reference was pretty damn funny. Good anger...good hate. Not super creative, but I see you were trying.

3 stars
***

12:19 PM  
Blogger daddyact said...

This is how I know the end is near.

Here you are…fresh off your EPIC win…uh, loss… to a so-tough-they-should-be-ranked-but-aren't Kansas team… Now you’re set to go to another BIG 12 CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

You’re feeling confident. You're feeling good. You’re feeling great about the future. You’re feeling great about a new order finally being established. (Well, not so much the last four items.)

And it’s still hard for me to even find the strength to mock you.

(Luckily it doesn't take much strength. You make it so easy.)

I figured that once you had your little disintegration that it would inject life into MY little crusade here. You figured you’d listen to local radio..maybe receive a few e-mails from friends and co-workers and you'd be right back to hating our guts in no time. After all as you’ve said for ages…it’s WAY WAY easier to write this column when Mizzou is losing.

But unfortunately...even today....nothing.

Watching Mizzou implode into a wet noodle was fun…but even your pseudo run at miniature glory wasn’t enough to make me care all that much.

BTW, aj, the word is preyed, not prayed. Must be that excellent Missouri education.

12:30 PM  
Blogger A J said...

I went to school in Nebraska.

Egg on your face. (At least I can only assume that's egg)

PS - It's much easier to read quotes if you...oh I dunno...put quote marks around it.

Dumbass

12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Where are all the Buffalo fans this week? I'd figured they would be coming here in droves desperately seeking validation from A.J like they did leading up to the game.

"Did you somewhere in your blog justify having KU above NU despite NU having scoreboard by 10?"

PlusDrew you don't understand how A.J works. He makes predictions and only rubs them in your face when about 2% of the them come true. He then falls back on "I never imagined CU, KU, or KSU would fall so far or I would have never made that prediction. I'm still right, you should have been 4-8" or some bullshit like that. Then that same hapless KU team that dominated his team for 3 quarters on a neutral field becomes an unmotivated Husker foe. Yeah if I hadn't won in Lincoln in 40 years I would be unmotivated either. You see where this is going PlusDrew?

And further more, A.J is shutting down his blog, not because he has won, it's because he realizes the MU glory years (all 2 of them) are now over.

My prediction: A.J will someone how justify his 4-8 prediction, I'm a moron, and explain how he has won imaginary war with Nebraska Football.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with one thing you wrote in that columnm, fuck texas. Should MU pull an upset, which wouldn't be that unprecedented considering Big Game Bob's recent Big Game Troubles, UT will go around saying the better team got in and it all worked out like it should have. They would completely ignore the fact that they should be lucky not to face mizzou again, it is not easy to beat the same team twice, don't care who you are.

If it makes anybody hate aj less, tim griffin also put KU above NU on his power poll. I still think people are remebering last year, I watched the skers destroy KU's O line a couple of weeks ago. KU is a 7-5 team, thats all. nothing better, nothing worse. I didn't watch the entire game saturday, but fat boy chase hasn't seemed to play that well lately. I laugh at all of the talk earlier in the year when he said they rarely have a pass hit the ground during practice. The D had all those returning starters, so it must have meant the offense was just that good.

Fuck your, 'NU isn't relevant so I'm shutting down the blog' bullshit. I agree that we're not relevant nationally right now, but who is? Only teams in the NC picture? Or does it extend to teams like MU? You've pointed out that the pundits are morons, so other than preseason bullshit, MU hasn't done anything to be considered relevant this year(besides beat an irrelevant NU team.) If you do consider them relevant, then NU was one overtime loss(also would have been a win against top 20 team)away from being more relevant than MU. To extend it further, if a championship game=relevant, then we are only 2 years removed. Or maybe its College Gameday appearances, i think that would qualify as nationally relevant-even if we did get blasted on national tv..again. I'm just asking what the standards are, and yes I agree, the fact that I am arguing if NU is relevant shows how far we have fallen.

I go back to an argument I've made on here before, Norman wasn't anyting but a dot on a map from '93-'99, i beleive some would argue they are relevant now. Over the course of history, things tend to revert back to their mean. A good example, when leach leaves tech, they will go back to being a cellar dwellar.

There's only one way for a team to go from season to season, up or down. It's safe to say NU is the only north team to go up this year...sounds familiar

All this being said, compared to the UTs & OUs of the world, the north is going to suck very very bad next year.

As you can tell, i'm still a little pissed you are running off to a network blog or whatever the fuck it is you're doing. As much as i love discussing who NU's third string guard will be next year on the other husker sites, i would much rather argue and read words like fucktard, helmets, and bosnian whore.

internet tough guy

3:22 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Let the record show, the author of this blog chose to "shut it down" in Mid October, when his own team was ranked in the top 5. I certainly don't think it was because "I knew their 2 year run was over."

That's dumb.

ITG, I appreciate the...uhhh...kinda kind words (sorta), but assure you....you will get by next season. In fact, when your freshman QB is running for his life and trying like hell to deal with the deafening noise of Virginia Tech and other road games..you'll be pretty glad you don't have this blog to comment on it.

In the end, it's not because I feel one team is getting worse or one team is better. The point is, you are destroyed. Maybe you're out of it..maybe you're still in it. I dunno. I just know it's time to do something else when I really don't care about what you do.

This really doesn't have EVERYTHING to do with Missouri, but more with teh fact that Nebraska fans simply don't get to me the way they used to. I'll explain more as we wind this down, but trust me..there are reasons..good reasons.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OU 56
MU 27

10:45 PM  
Blogger NE-Jhawk said...

AJ -

I hadn't come one here yet to rub it in. Honnestly after that game I found it hard. That game was incredible.

But now some things have been said that I need to chime in on. First, I wouldn't say KU slept walk through the NU game. I try not to make too many excuses when my team loses. I could look into it and come up with a good half dozen reasons why my team has been so inconsistent this year. But that leads you to say rediculous things like, "You wouldn't want to play us now!" No mater how true a statement like that is it just makes you sound like an asshole. When you lose. You lose.

Second, I apreciate you maintaining consistency when it comes to your poll. If a team's "power ranking" has to be adjusted by the schedule when you play weak teams it has to be adjusted when they play 3 national championship contenders.

I wasn't confident going into our last game. But the thought of that win did come up back when you announced your were closing down your blog at the end of the season. I thought, "This is going to end badly for him." I'm glad I could be right in some way.

I'll be sad to see this blog go. As I've always said, it's very well done. But I want to tell you something AJ...every time you watch KU score another touchdown, every time you watch us raise another trophy, every time your season is over following another KU win against your team you just think of me. And deep down you'll know. You'll know just how bad God hates you and your state.

Go shoot yourself you slave loving piece of trash.

6:10 AM  
Blogger A J said...

NE, I shall miss you as well. (heh)

Not sure about "ending things badly" and all. Sports are pretty cyclical. I'm sure Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska will all have their up and down years..probably each will have both even in the next few years. Hell, if I had to rank them for next year, I'm not sure how you'd keep KU out of the #1 slot with Reesing coming back and NU/MU reloading their offenses.

Regardless, there is no good time to shut it down for the most part. I"m sure I could bash Nebraska every year from now til the end of time. It's not that hard.

But the point is...their run is over. Will they come back to be respectable? Sure..probably. They're too "big" of a name to end up 4-8 every year. But their days of 11-1 every single season is long long long gone. Now that the vicious cycle has been broken, I can go back to just disliking them on a major level, instead of waging a one man war against their existance.

As for KU...My family has hated them for 150 years...I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ,
I think the reasons are quite obvious (on why you're shutting down). You had a taste of success and realized that Nebraska fans are the horrible asses you thought because you started acting just like they did (do).

I think at the end of the of the NU/MU game, as you started your mocking pity clap you realized it.

I think Nebraska fans no longer 'get to you' like they once did because of Mizzou's success and you having to traverse uncharted territory of fandom.

So, say what you will about closing the place down, but to me it's clear you just stared too long into the abyss and have become what you hate.

9:15 AM  
Blogger A J said...

Interesting theory.

Perhaps...highly dobut it though, although I must admit some thoughts crossed my mind that were very Husker fan-ish. Such as:

- Why is the media not paying enough attention to us?
- Why is Herbstreet picking against us? We're going to kick his ass?
- I hope my soybean herbicide holds up under the rough conditions of a dry spring with such an emergence of rootworm discovered throughout the midwest.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF AJ! 8000 tickets available for the Big 12 Championship game this weekend is ridiculous! If we were playing the game would have been sold out with a waiting list!

This clearly shows that the majority of MUs fans are bandwagon fans! Not all though, I know you bleed black and gold AJ but wtf Missouri people support your damn team! 8000 tickets to what is basically a home game is embarrassing!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS, what brand of herbicide do you recommend? LOL, now that was flat funny!

4:31 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Mizzou has absolutely HORRIFICLY bad fans. I've told you that many many times over the years.

I don't justify it. I think 8000 tickets left is a complete and total embarassment.

I will be there though.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"DEAD BLOG WALKING"

A catchy name for your new blog.

Don't you think AJ?

Gomer

6:54 PM  
Blogger A J said...

**NOTE**

I never once said I was going to stop writing. I simply said this blog will end.

Take that how you want

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. November 28th "Kansas has gone into the toilet, and you’ve passed them completely. But still." But on Dec 2nd Neb is ranked behind them.

Ask yourself, What happened between the 28th and 2nd that could be spun to make NEB look bad? Motivation... yeah that will work.

Give up AJ.....

12:02 PM  
Blogger A J said...

That made absolutely zero sense

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BCS DECLARES GERMANY WINNER OF WORLD WAR II
US Ranked 4th

After determining the Big-12 championship game participants the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

"Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking."

Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories-- Japan and Germany . The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single, equally-weighted event."

German Chancellor Adolph Hiter said "Yes, we lost to the US ; but we defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Herr Hitler has been criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to enhance Germany's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional forces."

The French ranking has also come under scrutiny. The BCS commented "France had a single loss against Germany and following a preseason #1 ranking they only fell to #2."

Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines .

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the 28th you said that KU has "slipped behind Neb", then KU beats the Tigers on the 29th. On the 2nd you decide that KU didn't slip behind Neb but was simply NOT motivated and is actually better....... spin doctor.


YES, this is very confusing to read. Imagine how hard it is to keep track of your flip flopping...

2:44 PM  
Blogger A J said...

I've written a lot of words..both here and in other places. If you say so..then fine. To clear things up, I will give you today's status:

You suck
KU sucks
You both suck

There you go. Enjoy whatever holiday party you end up at tomorrow.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't talk smack on KU. They beat Missouri's ass.

It makes you look like a dipshit, dipshit.

I bet we are sick of Boomer Sooner before halftime tomorrow.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's go huskers!

"National Power", the university of nebraska "cornhuskers" celebrated it's first Big 12th North "Co-championship" in who-knows-how-freaking-long today!

We are so proud of this husker "dynasty" and it's continuing tradition of weeks ranked in the Top 25, 9 win seasons and Big 8 Championships! This is but one addition to the long list of GREAT "cornhusker" accomplishments, not forgetting the self-created Big 12 North trophy (2005).

Coach Pelini is proud to be recognized for his accomplishments and to receive the F. U. Solich award for coaching prowess. He aspires to be a tough, loving coach like C. Weiss at Notre Dame.

Just know huskers, if we were able to pat ourselves (THE "fans") on the back and applaud you , and of course the poor souls we crush at the same time we would.

Here's to the greatest fans in college football and the LIVING husker dynasty!

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Urine idiot AJ!

Making this blog makes all of us missourians look dum.

Just stop already.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO!

I think Chase is getting his skirt wrinkled.

Watching this game is like watching a 70's porno. People try to make it interesting, unique and fresh, but we all know how it ends.

LMAO!

8:30 PM  
Blogger cornfednebraskaneer said...

Herbicide? Stick to football talk, man. You obviously don't know crap about farming.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF?

You leave at halftime and somehow don't have time to approve comments? Log on and take your medicine, pussy. Did you really think Missouri had a chance?

What's PINKEL's record since the big contract extension?

Will Missouri make a bowl next year? I'm predicting Missouri goes 4-8 next year. Read more about it in my blog. "Tigerh8ter" LOL!

Nevermind, no blog necessary, Missouri just took advantage of the North being way down and a weak OOC schedule to win more than they normally do. Same old Missouri, same old PINKEL.

10:54 AM  
Blogger A J said...

The crop line was pretty funny.

Oh, and the "us missouri fan" comment came from a Nebraska IP.

Other than that..the North sucks and Missouri has tons of issues I will speak of later on Sunday.

Oh, and I didn't get sick of Boomer Sooner because my ears were already frozen by halftime.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reason for the Big 12 North being labeled as weak?

Mizzou continuously getting pummeled in big games (like last night).

Could Chase Daniel be any more of a fraud? 4 years and ONE decent win. Against KU in last years Border War.

I dont know which was a bigger mistake: KSU rehiring Bucktooth Bill or Mizzou giving Pinkel that big-time extension.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course the Missouri fan comment was from Nebraska. I meant it that way . . . Urine instead of "you're an"??? "Dum" instead of "Dumb"????

Dee dee dee . . .

BTW, LMFAO!!! That beat down was exactly what I said it would be . . . Bosnian Ass Rape!!! It was so awesome!

Yeah, you beat us. WHO CARES??? That's what makes the fact that we got a better bowl game, likely will have a better record, got to watch the MIzzou fans leave in droves and saw CD piss down his leg so awesome.

And, to tell you the truth, I after watching all of the late hits, helmet smacks, etc . . . I had to ask myself the question, "Does Chase Daniel still think Nebraska is the dirtiest team he's ever played against." After his pussy-ass comment, I lost any respect I had for the success the Tiggers had the past two season. I also knew that with an attitude like his, he wouldn't have what it takes to win the Heisman or lead his team to anything greater than a big xii north championship. He's a crybaby and doesn't have the mental part of the game.

So . . . after reading your shit for as long as I have, ha de-fucking HA!! (Tampon sucker!)

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, I LOVED Maclin's pregame comment: "We KNOW we can play with these guys." I seriously laughed when I heard that.

When Bradford said after the game that they were tired of hearing Mizzou say that the two losses last year were a fluke, I felt like I personally had won the ballgame. What a feeling of vindication!

Yeah, I didn't do crap. Yeah, you beat us bad in Lincoln. Doesn't hurt so bad right now. In fact, it feels pretty darned good.

(spit)

12:53 PM  
Blogger A J said...

"You beat us..but who cares!?!?"

Ummmm I do.

If you think Nebraska would have done ANY better last night against that team..then you're more ignorant than I give you credit for.

Speaking of which..."I lost all respect I had for them?" Bullshit. You assclowns never had respect for him or the team he plays for. If you're going to talk shit, that's fine..at least don't lie.

makes you look bad.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO dude! I felt pretty good for Mizzou when they won in the Cotton Bowl last year. I thought, "Way to represent!" Granted, I followed that thought with an expletive and insult, but at least I gave you your props. I support all big xii teams when they play out of conference . . .

Would we have played them better???? Well, WE DID! We got our asses kicked less than you got your asses kicked. Would we have lost last night? Fuck yes! We would've been destroyed.

Thing was, we knew we were rebuilding this year. You guys came into the season with delusions of grandeur. I still remember looking at the Chase for Heisman signs your peeps were flashing all around Memorial Stadium and all of the National Championship talk. You are starting to understand that talking about getting there and actually accomplishing it are two entirely different things. We've dealt with the disappointment that you are now experiencing . . . high hopes . . . underperformance. (probably what your wedding night will be like . . . or was . . . unless you're gay . . . you can still ride the baloney pony, but no paperwork)

I digress. The difference between Husker fans and Tigger "fans" is that even when it hurts, he still have hope. You've made fun of us for our blind allegiance to the Huskers. As was evidenced last night, adversity is not something Mizzou fans are willing to fight through. Chase Daniel is the poster boy of giving up.

Oh yeah, I forgot, since you guys have sucked so long, you have an excuse. It's hard to love your team and stick it out when they suck and WE left a couple of games when we were losing so WE should just shut up.

OK . . . you're right again AJ . . .DICK!

1:21 PM  
Blogger daddyact said...

I was talking about where you went to college, dumbshit.

And even you must know that when you alter quotations you don't put quotation marks around them.

Or were you too stupid or just too lazy to bother to read what I wrote?????

You're becoming more pathetic with every half-assed feeble reply.

I figure after the ass raping the Sooners gave the Tigers (about as bad ly as they raped us) you have to be wondering why you've supported such a pathetic program for so many years.

2:23 PM  
Blogger A J said...

"The difference between Husker fans and Tigger "fans" is that even when it hurts, he still have hope. You've made fun of us for our blind allegiance to the Huskers. As was evidenced last night, adversity is not something Mizzou fans are willing to fight through."

What does this mean? I want to blast your argument into the air..mostly with 52-17 and the fact you sat at home with your thumb up your ass last night...but until you tell me what the fuck you are trying to say...I'm going to need a little help.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Couple things....

1) Chase Daniel is chunky. I think his head & cheeks have doubled in size since the Nebraska game. I'm really quite amazed.

2) I had to sit next to some douche bag Mizzou fan last night at the bar who screamed "YA" after every Mizzou play that resulted in a positive yard. Thankfully I didn't have to listen to him very long, I think he went home crying after the 1st quarter. Gawd I hate you guys.

3) Where the fuck did you guys get Mizzou? I don't get why you replaced the "s" with "z", no Missouri fans can explain that me. Please enlighten me.

4:53 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Daniel could weigh 900lbs for all I care. Stop fumbling the ball.

I'm not sure what YA means...although there were lots of people leaving early. I was not one of them.

We hate your fucking guts too.

As for the nickname Mizzou..I'm not completely sure..but I think it goes back to a cheer/song from the early 1900's. I'd have to look. I don't care enough to know off the top of my head.

5:02 PM  
Blogger daddyact said...

aj, that's the difference between a Missouri "fan" and a Husker fan. We care enough to know about obscure and arcane trivia surrounding the Cornhuskers, off the top of our heads. You (meaning most UM fans) don't.

And it's one of the reasons why your program will never be among the greats. Would that you could have kept Dan Devine back in the day. Maybe we'd have seen more rivalry type games between these two programs.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a hack...admit it...this line is stolen: Pitchers and catchers report for spring baseball in 4 short weeks.

Be a real man and tell us what movie, the actress that said and the actor that was in the scene with her.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares