May 19, 2006

I'll miss you Callie

Our family dog was killed by a truck this morning in front of our house. I know in the big grand scheme of things, it's just a dog, and there are bigger problems in life.

But I loved her so much. She was my best friend, and has been for 7 years.

I'll miss her terribly.

AJ

PS - I feel like some stupid ass 13 year old, writing in a journal...but I don't care.
-----------------------

DON'T CRY FOR ME WHEN I'M GONE Three score and ten are given to man,But ours is a much briefer span. So, though I give you all my heart,The time will come when we must part.But all around you, you will see,Creatures that speak to you of me;A tired horse, a hunted thing,A sparrow with a broken wing ... Pity - and help (I know you will)And somehow, I will be with you still;And I shall know, although I'm gone,The love I gave you lingers on. --- (Author unknown) ---

4 Comments:

Blogger Husker Mike said...

So sorry to hear about that. Pets really become members of the family, and losing a pet is hard. When you bring them into your home, they are no longer "just a dog". Hopefully you'll have some great memories to remember of your time together.

12:43 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Thanks Mike.

It's really tough. Today I was feeling pretty good, until I looked under my son's high chair, and noticed all the crumbs were still under the table. I completely lost it.

It's the little things that just dig at your soul. My only hope is that some good can come of all this. I plan on pushing for speed bumps in front of my house, and am going to donate all of her things to Town and Country Animal shelter. When the time is right, I hope to rescue some other dog...just as we rescued Callie 7 years ago.

Absolutely devestating is an understatement, but I hope to make it better by allowing some good to be done in her memory.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. I took Schitzo's cat food and kitty litter to the Humane Society. Animal shelters live and die by donations; they will appreciate your generosity. When Schitzo died we got a sympathy card from the Emergency Animal Clinic and the Millard Vet Clinic. Mike is right, pets hold a special place in the family.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

I remember when we had to put my cat down when I was 13, it sucked. Two summers ago, my old roommate and I rescued a cat and had to put Gatsby down after a few months when he had a stroke and didn't recover.

It's hard...it sucks...hey, if this weekend is any indication, the Huskers won't be in Omaha in June, that should bring a slight smile to you...

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares