April 19, 2007

Get in the Ring

Steve Pederson ramblings in a moment, but first an announcement:

* Sometime in the next week or two, I will record my first podcast. Now I know what you're thinking, "Ohhh great. The last thing I need is crazy blog guy ranting about the Huskers for 30 minutes." Ahhhh, but it's a bit more than that.

A well-known member of the Husker internet community has agreed to represent you in a debate with me over the upcoming season. Don't ever say I do not give you guys a chance to fire back at me. I post your ridiculous whiney comments. I give you a poll to express yourselves. Now, I'm going to have one of you actually go 1 on 1 with me on the issues that really matter. Exact talking points have not been agreed on at this time, but rest assured we will cover:

- JC Keller
- Clownahan
- Pederson
- Your horrible defense
- Your arrogance and myopia
- Your stupid traditions.

It should be quite the interesting conversation as I beat him to a verbal pulp. If anything, it will give you a small glimpse into the type of crap I have to deal with every single day with you people. Stay tuned for that...should be fun.

* Listening to the nightly Husker circle jerk on the radio last night, I came across a rather interesting argument going on regarding Steve Pederson and his future at Nebraska. This goes back a bit to the Civil War I was talking about a while back...but apparently the rift is as deep as ever.

I think it all fired up again with NU leader and NCAA playoff hater Harvey Pearlman, giving Pederson the big thumbs up on Sunday. With his boss obviously happy with him, and every single Nebraska fan sending him a note about being right about the football program (I assume you all did that), what could be so bad right? I mean, you're 3-6 vs. top 25 teams in the past 3 seasons. (One of those wins, an OT triumph over mighty #24 Iowa State...at home in 2005) You haven't beaten a top 10 team since 2001. Your biggest win to date was a victory over a 5-loss Michigan team in one of the worst officiated games in the history of the sport.

How could you not be thrilled with that? It's not like you guys were that good before right?

I'm going to unleash the rest of this commentary as a truly 3rd party/neutral observer. It's not as if I take one side or another in this whole little Family Fued thing you've got going on...I think you're all idiots. But what I don't understand is the whole satisfaction thing about you being "back".

I can't believe I'm typing this...but you do realize what "back" means right? Didn't you go 60-1 during a stretch not that long ago? Didn't you guys used to run over teams at the tune of about 500 yards per game? Didn't you actually win games like last year's giant egg at Arrowhead? If you go back in the history books and take a look..you'll see what I mean. If you go back and take the Big 8, and include the 5 other North teams....Tom Osborne would have won 22 of 24 North titles. 22 of 24. And you people are holding ceremonies to celebrate ONE?!?!

I'm not about to tell you how good you used to be...but isn't that a bit pathetic? Seriously....what have you done? Beat Texas A&M on a last second pass? Beat Missouri, who hasn't won a big game on the road since the late 60's?

You know, it wouldn't be so bad if you were still scratching and clawing to get "back on top". But the problem is...many of you feel you're already there. I'll even prove it with a simple question for the NU freaks around here. Are you 100% confident Nebraska will win the North next year? I don't mean "probably". I don't mean, "if they steer clear of injuries". I mean straight up....WILL NEBRASKA WIN THE NORTH?

The answer is simple....every single one of you will answer "yes".

And that my friends is what I'm talking about. I can see how many of you don't like Pederson...obviously I think he's a buffoon as well. However, those of you who seem to be content with calling it all good and re-claiming your place on the throne...well...I just don't get it.

Perhaps if you recruited a few more thugs, I'd feel a little different about the whole thing.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was drawn to this site by making fun of the Husker fans (of which I am) that believed Callahan was the absolute smartest guy to walk the planet because Steve P. said so. (Win for me because I get to make fun of them.)

Since I've been attending this site, AJ has proven to be the other extreme (THUGS=HAPPY FANS, TO=HUGGINS for example) and the great evidence is, AJ said so. (Another win for me because both parties makes statements about facts not in evidence.)

See I get to make fun of both sides. AJ has chided me for attending this site so much. Truth be known, it has become fodder at work. We're waiting to see what type of farce this podcast is. (Remember, AJ's reality includes THUGS=HAPPY FANS, and lower division teams can hand it to division one teams.)

Who else thinks AJ is going to show up on his podcast with a couple hand puppets?

(Waiting for the burn.)

1:35 PM  
Blogger JGerardi said...

The myopia NU folks have entered reminds me of the haze CU fans were in under Barnett from 2003 up to him being fired.
In that time CU beat one ranked team (#22 MO in 03), otherwise they were 1-10 vs. ranked opposition. The average score in our 6 games against top 10 opposition was 43-8. Yet we won the north and kept going back to the champ game (and getting blown out we played in 02, 04, and 05 and didn't score one offensive TD in all 3 games) which made it difficult to pull the trigger on firing GB. In the meantime the program began to deteriorate before our eyes, the talent kept getting worse and worse, and our recruting classes dropped form top 10 to low 50s. I have Cally has NU poised to run off a few more North title berths just like that, but it is all fools gold. Thos CU North championship teams wouldn't have finished above .500 had they played in the south (our record against South competition in Barnett's last 3 years was 2-7. Had the 05 season not ended so disasterously bad I think GB would still be there honestly.The future may prove me wrong, but I see NU finding themselves in this same dillema (not being able to fire the North Champion coach)for abit. It will probably take a hugely embarassing loss for someone to make a change. Just my 2 cents

1:49 PM  
Blogger A J said...

I'm excited about the podcast. Should be pretty fun, considering it will be the same sort of arguement me and this guy have had for over 10 years. We could beat each other down about it in our sleep. Not a big deal.

I'm more worried about the technical portion of it all. (well, next to your feelings of course)

Hand puppets? (Not sure if you were trying to make a dramatic point, or trying to be funny. Let me know either way)

PS - I never said I played football.

2:08 PM  
Blogger A J said...

PS - I make fun of the amount of times you visit this site, because you always say how horrible it is...how dumb I am blah blah blah...yet you keep coming back.

Obviously something entertains you. (And isn't that why I'm here? To entertain bhg?)

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I should go up against you in the podcast. Im sure you will have either "Husker" Mike aka Frank Solich or Joe the dumbass loud mouth know nothing "Husker" fan from your office. I know you would run from real competition, oh wait, no you wouldnt you were an All-American D-1 athlete... riiiight... Im awaiting this shitty podcast as more ammunition against you and what a pussy you are to stand up to a real debate. Cheers.

2:49 PM  
Blogger A J said...

What happened to you man? You used to be kinda fun to joke with.

Now you're just a dick.

PS - It's not Mike or anybody else clinging to any sort of past. He's the anti me. (Without the creativity or ability to put up with people such as yourself)

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ,

See, the entertainment for us is stating something like "I never said I played football". We read that and laugh because that would have been the last assumption anyone should have made but you felt it needed to be said.

Stating subjective opinion (e.g. THUGS=HAPPY FANS, TO=HUGGINS) has us laughing as well, and the kicker is when you defend it with, "because I said so".

The "burns" or insults are extremely entertaining, in that, we're being called stupid by someone who adamantly believes THUGS=HAPPY FANS.

We'll go back to e-mailing Harry Reid, and Chuck Hagel.

1:10 PM  
Blogger A J said...

What's "funny" to me is your reply to "Thugs = happy fans"...which is....

Repeat it every post.

That'll show me.

(This is the sound of me rolling my eyes at you.)

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey AJ, check out Sportsillustrated.com for an article about another thug, Correl Buckhalter. It details the NE Supreme Court's Ruling against him. He dosen't want to pay child support and take responsibilty for a child he fathered. Typical.

7:37 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Ya know..I did see that article, but decided not to comment on it. It's a part of a bigger problem and isn't really indicative of the criminal fortress that Husker football was (or still is..if they're just getting better at hiding it).

Not saying Buckhalter is a criminal, but if you make 1+ million a year and don't pay child support..you're at the very least an a-hole.

Thank you for the heads up though.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares