April 5, 2007

DANA MANIA!!!


I'm not dead. They put me on drive-thru this week without any training and I've been super busy. I promise I'll have more on this later.
In the meantime, my super-quick take. The Way Dana Altman turned on Arkansas was not offensive to me. He's a just a guy, and whatever he wants to do with his life is fine with me. Granted, I think it's pretty sad that a guy would turn down a real job for a job where he'll never ever do any better. But hey, if he wants to be a big fish in a small pond and have 300,000 bandwagoners fawn all over him....have at it.
And no, I'm not going to bash him for being without a doubt the most boring human being on earth. Although, I would like to put somebody in a car with him and Tom Osborne and send them on a cross-country ride, and see how long it is before they slip into a coma.

However, the part that gets me is the media and the fans. Waiting all night for a guy at the airport? With TWO NCAA wins!?! Is this correct? And did I see Matt Perault nearly cry when he told Altman that him coming back was a "very cool birthday present".

What the hell is wrong with you people? He's won TWO NCAA games. 1.....2. (And one was on a last second prayer). I understand it's Creighton, which in theory is just one step above a junior high program, but somehow this guy won three National Titles, and I must have missed it. Billy Donavan actually DID win back to back titles, and I doubt you'd see 300 losers stand in the cold to welcome him back.

I do feel bad for the Arkansas Fans though. Not their fault they picked a wishy-washy snoozer of a coach, only to have him bolt for people who would lick his shoes on command. I'm not super familiar with their situation, but I do know it probably sucks for them.
Oh well, gotta go. Some guy wants a refill on his Sprite. More to come soon, I promise.
AJ

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO... I always wondered if you werent that guy at the drive thru window at Wendy's, but I dismissed it becasue I swore you were that one friendly greeter at Wal Mart who always offered me a cart. I see my initial assumption about Wendy's was correct though.

6:13 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Wendys? Pffffffft. I wish. I hear they get Saturday's off.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you believe AJ, all Dana has to do to get some more NCAA tourney wins is find a couple felons to recruit. (AJ, what's the best kind of THUG to get HAPPY FANS?)

I'll bet that's why KSU is looking for a coach, too many people in Kansas could read and knew who their fathers real name.

10:42 AM  
Blogger A J said...

Normally I know I've stung a Nebraska fan if they come back with some sort of long-winded retort that comes off as whining and doesn't make any sense.

Ih BHG's instance, I knocked him off his chair, through a window, into a lake, while holding a toaster.

Fuck man, let it go.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ,

That is even more hilarious, let me in on it, where'd you nail me.

Was it THUGS=HAPPY FANS?

was it, Division 1 schools can't compete with lower divisions (in some cases)? (One of my personal favorites)

Was it you playing ANY sport in college (other than intramural)?

Was it the soul selling thing?

(Brent here can't wait for this retort.)

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creighton fans are much worse than NU fans...Not only do Creighton fans think they are the greatest fans because they like a team that has never won anything, but they also think they are better than me because they wear kaki(sp?) pants to all of their games.

I am a definate Cr8n h8r..I cant wait to hear all of the fans bitch next year if Altman doesnt put a good team together...Their program would have been much better off without him. Creighton, like NU, will never be able to pull in premier athletes in basketball, so the only way to get better is to get some fresh coaching in there

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bhg,
hey now. im pretty sure aj was the captain of his intramural team sophomore year of community college. aj is a bad ass remember, thats why his legendary athletic status is so secret.

also aj, i think you are lying about working fast food, i know you are the greeter at that one wal mart in north O.

6:34 PM  
Blogger A J said...

It's a moot point, because some of your fellow fans don't play so nice. Would YOU keep your identity a secret if you ran an anti-husker blog? You people are complete whack-job idiots...how stupid would that be.

And contrary to what you say, I'd say a greeter at Wal-Mart would be WAY better than McDonalds. Wal-Mart has very good benefits, and you wouldn't have to deal with all that greese all the time.

And are you talking the Wal-Mart on Fort Street? That's a DAMN nice Wal-Mart.

PS - Appreciate the anti-Creighton sentiments. I wish there was more of that here.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares