May 15, 2007

Thug-Free Tuesday

Man am I slacking.

I've tried to keep up my normal pace of bombarding you with Husker hatred well into May..which is pretty much unprecedented..even for this site. Although I have noticed an increase in Husker myopia this off-season, we simply have too much time to kill between now and fall camp to risk over saturation. Personally, I blame the Husker baseball team for sucking...but that's another story for later on. With that, let's hit on some rapid fire Non-Husker topics that we've neglected while we're waiting with baited breath for the Husker athletic department to comment on their best player punching a girl:

* A new stadium downtown for the "Dig Us" festival also known as the College World Series? Hmmmm...wasn't it somebody who runs this website that told you long ago that this was the way to go? So what happened instead? The city cow-towed to the NCAA, dumped millions of millions into Rosenblatt to make it a nice little facility. However, the NCAA is (surprise) hanging a new stadium over the heads of the city when it comes contract renewal time.

At what point are people going to wise up and realize that the CWS is not untouchable from the greed of the NCAA. Didn't the fact that they're trying to sway city councilmen deny beer sales so they can make more money give you a hint? Some of you need to wake up and realize how evil these people are, and that 50+ years of goodwill or not, they'll drop you for a SECOND if they can make more money elsewhere. More to come as we get closer to June.

* If/when Creighton makes it to regional play in baseball this spring...how many of the fans wearing blue t-shirts in the stands were wearing red-ones last year? Speaking of which...tonight when they play against each other, do people just swap shirts in mid inning? Or do people just bring the other shirt in their bag or something so they can swap as the lead changes? Just curious how that works.

* I haven't mentioned this yet..but I'm mildly pleased with the UNO administration's reduction of hockey season ticket prices. I know 95% of you could give a rats ass, but as a long time ticket holder, it got to be a little bit annoying to watch them double my price, while the arena sits 85% empty almost every night. I'm not going to blame the past administration, because that would be too easy....but I will give credit where credit is due. The new regime has created a successful student section and finally made it a bit more affordable to go to a game 22 times a year.

Now, if they can only get rid of that piece of crap 8th grade jazz quartet they call a "pep" band and find a coach who can actually motivate players, we'll be getting somewhere.

* I counted FOUR different shows featuring Paris Hilton last night. Please, for the love of God and all things holy....I will make any sacrifice necessary to get that girl off of my TV set, off of my news websites and basically out of the spotlight for a long long time. I don't have anything against rich people or celebrities. (OK, maybe I do). It's just how much is too much? It's the same constant cycle.....big star....big trouble...everybody bash and make fun of them until they a) disappear or b) make a big comeback. This is what we have been reduced to as a nation. Horrible.

* Gil F-ing Meche. Nice to see the Royals can spend $55 million bucks on a guy who is apparently really good. Unfortunately, the rest of the team sucks. Could that mean you might want to spend some more money? Nah. Too easy.

* Is there any better voice in punk than Mike Ness? I absolutely think not.

* Zero props to the "Important member of the Husker online community" who will not agree to debate me on this blog. I may have to get a moderator or find some sort of common ground...but once again, some of you people like to talk a lot...only to back down when it counts. Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about that.

* Anybody else complete convinced the Big 12 is going to screw up this TV deal with ESPN? Why do I get the feeling I'm going to have to stay up til 10:30 to watch an ESPN Iowa State vs. KU clash on ESPNU? I know there's a lot of speculation out there regards to the TV contract, and obviously I don't know a damn thing about it...but I do know the Big 12 is run by incompetent Texans who couldn't make a good business decision if a pile of Berkshire certificates showed up on their front door. I have absolutely no faith in the process.

* Do the Huskers even have a baseball team anymore? All I know is girls state soccer got about 13 minutes worth of coverage on the news last night...and that's just wrong.

* I gotta get the hell away from you people for a while. (Haven't been on vacation since Colorado last Thanksgiving. Look for road reports coming sometime in the near future as well. Try not to get any other players arrested for punching women while I'm gone.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just can't take it. I wrote a letter mocking the ego-stroking one you wrote on Tigerboard, and you had the mods remove it. You can go on every board and stroke your ego, but until you come onto a neutral board and quit hiding behind mods, your just another clown desperately seeking approval and terrified of rejection.

~Wintergreen

5:08 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Were you not listening? I told them and EVERYBODY to leave it. You just dont' understand that every single thing you write...every single time you post in a public forum...it just solidifies the fact that I'm right about you.

Until you get that..well...more of the same I guess.

But rest assured..I'm the LAST person who wanted that pulled. I thought it was hilarious.

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ, Someone posted this earlier...what does it mean??
------------------------------


The silence is almost as deafening as the gun in Uncle Tom's desk drawer.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the uncle tom comment refers to the time that Tom Osborne kept Riley Washington's gun in his desk and refused to give it to the cops as part of an investigation. Tom said that "It's already been taken care of". The cops basically looked at TO like he was on drugs and confiscated the weapon.

2:20 PM  
Blogger A J said...

I consider myself THE authority of Nebraska criminal activity..and I must say...I completely forgot about that one.

Mega kudos to you guys for remembering that.

PS - Day #1 without JP. It's just not the same without him. :(

7:38 PM  
Blogger TB said...

you don't have to say incompetent to describe "texans", aj, that's a redundancy
http://kstatecatzone.blogspot.com/2007/05/big-12-civil-war.html

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any links to that gun story?

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on AJ! Wintergreen was a product of OPS. Give him a break! He's too busy playing "Who's in my mouth" with Dr Tom, the corpse of Devaney, Eric Crouch, and a drunk Frank Solich looking for his breathalyzer.

By the way, I was at the Creighton game last night, and they steamrolled the Huskers like Lincoln does their sheep.

I'm going back to St. Louis next weekend, and stopping in Columbia for lunch with some friends. I'll eat a Bucce's burger for you!

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's the deal on your blog, in my honest opinion...

1) Anyone with enough time could write this. You just spend your life watching for news on any school, and then spin it in such a way that makes the school look bad. Mizzou has players with problems too. It's just that no one cares enough about Mizzou to write about them.

2) As a Nebraska fan, I am honored that you have dedicated your life to following our school. Only the great schools have stalkers. Do you think anyone stalks Baylor?

3) Your comments about Nebraskans are silly. You constantly make posts that make it sound like you are fighting Osama bin Laden or the former Soviet Union, when in reality your are talking about a normal group of people who go to work, take care of their kids, etc. That's even ignoring the fact that a lot of Nebraskans are from Missouri, have Missouri relatives and vice versa. If you really believe what you write you need to get out of your basement in Omaha and go to the park or something. You're only "Behind Enemy Lines" if you are completely insane.

4) The letters you write on tigerboard are dripping with ego. Sorry, they just are. You really just must need that affirmation. Sad.

5) Regardless of what you say, the letter I wrote was immediately taken down on tigerboard. You are friends with the guy who runs that site, so don't try and act like you made this huge effort to keep it up. It made you look bad and you had it removed, simple as that.

6) Despite all your allegations on Nebraska, we have a pretty clean program, that, like all programs, has problems on occasion. Our football program has never been put on probation. It was reprimanded twice by the NCAA. Once was for letting recruits travel with the team, and once when an employer felt bad and loaned a player money to fix his car. Despite this record, you are completely overlooking all the Miami's and Oklahoma's of the world that have serious cheating and crimes going on constantly. Furthermore, Mizzou's football program has two reprimands too.

7) You prejudged Callahan, which just shows you would hate whoever was coaching Nebraska, regardless of facts. Callahan has a great record of disciplining players.

~Wintergreen

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a post that I (Wintergreen) left for you on tigerboard. As you can see it was polite, but your friends the mods suspended me. I would appreciate an answer. Also, I am done with you. Since you refuse to step foot onto a neutral board or away from your blog, you have no credibility. Here is what I posted:


HuskerH8er, you talk about our dirty program, but you seem to be ignoring some important facts:

Major NCAA Infractions:

Mizzou: 4
Nebraska: 4

Lack of Institutional Control Charged:

Mizzou: 2
Nebraska: 0

Major Infractions committed by football program:

Mizzou: 2 (2 reprimands)
Nebraska: 2 (2 reprimands)


Oh, and I know your going to post that we have all these horrible players that commit crimes, but Mizzou has guys getting in fights, getting DUI's, etc too. Don't even try to deny it. The media doesn't follow you around though because frankly, they don't care until you start winning championships. That's why all the Florida stuff has been hitting the news lately.

I'll be back on tomorrow to see your answer if your friends haven't mobbed me.

12:38 AM  
Blogger A J said...

OK..let me see if I have this straight:

1) I'm a stalker because I badmouthed you on the message board of a team I've rooted for since birth. Ummmm OK.

2) I'm a stalker because of this blog. (Which I've told you the reasons why 9,000,000 times before. I'm not goign to write it again. Go look through the archives and see why.)

3) This is not a Missouri cheerleader board. I'm well aware of the program's shortcomings and problems. However, I don't live there anymore. I don't go to school there. I don't have to deal with them every day.

4) "Since you refuse to step foot on a neutral board". Ummmm...I have 20,000 posts on that "neutral board". How many feet do you want? And "you're done with me?" and yet 3 lines later, "I'll be back tomorrow". What the fuck man? Make up your mind.

5) I'm still waiting for one of you to find me on some Husker message baord. The Only Husker board I've ever posted on in the history of life is Mike's blog.

6) I never said "dirty program". I said you recruit thugs under the veil of some false mythical pretense that you all claim to live by higher standards. You have a sign saying so on your front door.

I've done this every day for 20 years. I can certainly handle you and 50 of your overall wearing friends.

Please stop by again soon. I've got a post on your newest QB coming today.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares