I've tried to keep up my normal pace of bombarding you with Husker hatred well into May..which is pretty much unprecedented..even for this site. Although I have noticed an increase in Husker myopia this off-season, we simply have too much time to kill between now and fall camp to risk over saturation. Personally, I blame the Husker baseball team for sucking...but that's another story for later on. With that, let's hit on some rapid fire Non-Husker topics that we've neglected while we're waiting with baited breath for the Husker athletic department to comment on their best player punching a girl:
* A new stadium downtown for the "Dig Us" festival also known as the College World Series? Hmmmm...wasn't it somebody who runs this website that told you long ago that this was the way to go? So what happened instead? The city cow-towed to the NCAA, dumped millions of millions into Rosenblatt to make it a nice little facility. However, the NCAA is (surprise) hanging a new stadium over the heads of the city when it comes contract renewal time.
At what point are people going to wise up and realize that the CWS is not untouchable from the greed of the NCAA. Didn't the fact that they're trying to sway city councilmen deny beer sales so they can make more money give you a hint? Some of you need to wake up and realize how evil these people are, and that 50+ years of goodwill or not, they'll drop you for a SECOND if they can make more money elsewhere. More to come as we get closer to June.
* If/when Creighton makes it to regional play in baseball this spring...how many of the fans wearing blue t-shirts in the stands were wearing red-ones last year? Speaking of which...tonight when they play against each other, do people just swap shirts in mid inning? Or do people just bring the other shirt in their bag or something so they can swap as the lead changes? Just curious how that works.
* I haven't mentioned this yet..but I'm mildly pleased with the UNO administration's reduction of hockey season ticket prices. I know 95% of you could give a rats ass, but as a long time ticket holder, it got to be a little bit annoying to watch them double my price, while the arena sits 85% empty almost every night. I'm not going to blame the past administration, because that would be too easy....but I will give credit where credit is due. The new regime has created a successful student section and finally made it a bit more affordable to go to a game 22 times a year.
Now, if they can only get rid of that piece of crap 8th grade jazz quartet they call a "pep" band and find a coach who can actually motivate players, we'll be getting somewhere.
* I counted FOUR different shows featuring Paris Hilton last night. Please, for the love of God and all things holy....I will make any sacrifice necessary to get that girl off of my TV set, off of my news websites and basically out of the spotlight for a long long time. I don't have anything against rich people or celebrities. (OK, maybe I do). It's just how much is too much? It's the same constant cycle.....big star....big trouble...everybody bash and make fun of them until they a) disappear or b) make a big comeback. This is what we have been reduced to as a nation. Horrible.
* Gil F-ing Meche. Nice to see the Royals can spend $55 million bucks on a guy who is apparently really good. Unfortunately, the rest of the team sucks. Could that mean you might want to spend some more money? Nah. Too easy.
* Is there any better voice in punk than Mike Ness? I absolutely think not.
* Zero props to the "Important member of the Husker online community" who will not agree to debate me on this blog. I may have to get a moderator or find some sort of common ground...but once again, some of you people like to talk a lot...only to back down when it counts. Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about that.
* Anybody else complete convinced the Big 12 is going to screw up this TV deal with ESPN? Why do I get the feeling I'm going to have to stay up til 10:30 to watch an ESPN Iowa State vs. KU clash on ESPNU? I know there's a lot of speculation out there regards to the TV contract, and obviously I don't know a damn thing about it...but I do know the Big 12 is run by incompetent Texans who couldn't make a good business decision if a pile of Berkshire certificates showed up on their front door. I have absolutely no faith in the process.
* Do the Huskers even have a baseball team anymore? All I know is girls state soccer got about 13 minutes worth of coverage on the news last night...and that's just wrong.
* I gotta get the hell away from you people for a while. (Haven't been on vacation since Colorado last Thanksgiving. Look for road reports coming sometime in the near future as well. Try not to get any other players arrested for punching women while I'm gone.