September 23, 2007

So...How Was Your Weekend?

Man, what a great weekend.

First, I caught some great bass on Friday night. They weren’t really working too well with topwater lures, but the chartreuse dual spinner baits really brought them out near dusk. Saturday was rough after a night of rain, but the crappie came around later in the afternoon. Sunday morning was more good bass action on spinner baits at about dawn, with a couple of spotty crappie from time to time later this morning.

So, how was your weekend?

Man, what a huge win for your program. The way you fought back against one of the MAC’s finest sub .500 programs was indeed astounding. I’m not sure if it was the great outdoors that caused it, but the way you did what Eastern Michigan and Navy couldn’t was indeed breathtaking. As I was watching scores scroll across the bottom of my TV, I told a family member, “When the chips are down and you’re losing to a sub .500 MAC team, look no further than JC Keller. He is money in those situations.”

Oh sure, the 7th most popular team in Indiana came within a bounced pass (off the facemask) from beating you at home. Oh sure, this is a team lost to Miami. (of Ohio), and scored 14 total points...but that Miami defense was salty. (Didn't Ray Lewis play for them). But the way you grabbed that Memorial Stadium magic was indeed something to behold.

I don’t know about you, but I’d sure hate to be the opposing coach that has to go up against a juggernaut program such as Nebraska’s, knowing that you can come back on a dime on ANYBODY. Sure USC is great, but you showed HEART and RESILIENTLY that is very often unmatched in the college game.

I for one have sold you short. Here I thought you would come into Big 12 play at 2 -2 and you have indeed proven me wrong. If I can do anything, I can admit when you all are right, and I am so very very wrong. I apologize for selling you short. I had no idea what kind of intestinal fortitude you would show against such a gutsy and wily opponent.

Unless something changes quickly, I see absolutely no reason the Huskers shouldn’t reach those pre-season expectations, and cruise into San Antonio, with nothing but a scratch come mid December.

Seriously, I couldn’t have written this script up better. Oh sure, Wake could have gotten that PI call at the end of the game, and the Ball State receiver would have actually CAUGHT the winning TD that hit him in the F*CKING FACE….but they didn’t and you’re right where you thought you would be. I’m sure the next few days will open my eyes a bit more to the exact team I said you would be. I’m not sure if I’m more impressed that I actually called this to a T…or that you’re not hanging from a noose right now, instead of sitting at your PC.

Stay tuned to what I’m sure will be a fun-filled week.

PS – I’m not sure what is more funny…those of you who still think you’re going to be OK, or your players, going ape shit over a wide right field goal yesterday afternoon.

Give me time…I’ll figure it out eventually.


(Photo Credit - Indianapolis Star)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What no comments from the faithful about the big win Saturday?

5:29 PM  
Blogger HucktheFuskers said...

AJ,

Now that you've seen this mighty Cornholer team in action, I was wondering if you could provide your opinions and predictions now that Big 12 play is upon us.

There are some good offenses in the Big 12 and some not-so-good offense in the Big 12, but that doesn't matter, I don't see the Nebraska Pinkshirts stopping too many of them.

Go ahead, lay out your predictions.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God AJ you are a GOD SEND! That may have been one of your best posts ever. While at the MU game yesterday watching the Tigers play, the entire statium was glued to the score board. Every time that powerhouse Ball St. scored and went ahead of that NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER NEBRASKA (ha, ha, ha) the crowd roar was deafening. I wish you were there to experience it. I can't wait until October 6, 2007 ARMEGEDDON. RESTORE THE ORDER! my ass that's funny.

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, didn't we just beat the crap out of a MAC team and get called 'weak' by many of the Cornholers?

All of a sudden, our Illinois win is looking better. Illini are 3-1, looking respectable, and are sitting decent in the conference. Illini could go bowling out of the B-10.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ, Another classic. I'm glad that the Huskers pulled it out. If they had lost to The David Letterman Memorial School of Broadcasting, I would have heard about it all week long. Now I can still taunt my co-workers with "Who wants Ball State and 1/2 point now?!!!"

Mark in Indy

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cornhuskers had their Hall of Fame dinner on Friday, a friend of mine attended, needless to say it's interesting to hear what former players are saying about the program (including Pedersen).

Guy at work gave me Iowa State +49, because "the defense will be fired up and pitch a shut out", so I made him put his money where his mouth was. (Same guy gave me USC +3 against Nebraska.)

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently I will be the first Husker fan to respond, so two things:

1. Even when we suck, I love the Huskers - can't help it I guess

2. We Suck!

JH

P.S. Has Mizzou ever scored 100 points in a football game - if not, then October 6th looks to be a historic day.

9:58 AM  
Blogger DrewMG said...

goddamn that game sucked.

not going to make any more gameday predictions.

best i can do is cheer on gameday, and hope for the best.

i hope that wasn't too arrogant for you, aj.

10:20 AM  
Blogger bornred said...

How was my weekend?

Well, it had a beginning, a middle, and an end. Unfortunately, most of the beginning felt like the end.

We're not a very good team. Our offense is serviceable, but we can't stop anyone. The defense has some talent (I think), but not alot of heart, which is sad to see.

We could easily be 1-3 right now and even Iowa State's attack scares me.

The good news for Mizzou is that it looks like KU and Colorado might be your roadblocks in the BTN.. the bad news is, you will then likely have to play OU twice and your defense isn't much better than ours and OU would feast on either (they can put as many on you as you probably will on us).. Maybe CU or KSU can get their shit together and represent the North this year so that someone with a defense can show up.

Doesn't matter though, I'll still be tuning in for every game and will still buy PPV games, if necessary, to see them play.

Gonna be another roller coaster ride, but Go Big Red...

12:12 PM  
Blogger DrewMG said...

seasons like this are why i have an xbox 360. SOMEONE'S got to be able to play well.

1:15 PM  
Blogger bornred said...

Seasons like this are why I'm glad I moved to the Bay Area. Saturday's don't change, but there are plenty of other distractions to keep my mind occupied during the fallout each week and Sharks games are just around the corner...

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares