2007 Bowl Preview Spectacular (100% HGH Free)
Did ANYBODY in the media actually think there were major leaguers NOT taking steroids? I mean, how stupid are some of you people? LOOK AT THEM! Not that it’s not a big story, but the shock and outrage? Wow, Roger Clemens is throwing 96mph when he’s 43 years old and is twice as big. Hmmmm…wonder why? (And no, unlike Nolan Ryan…Clemens didn’t own a cattle ranch and go out wrestling steers in the off season.)
Whatever. The whole thing bores me to tears. Yes, it’s a stain on the game. Yes, Nobody should be let into the Hall-of-Fame because of this. I got over this a long time ago. Either do something about it, or move on.
Now, back to things that are important. I just realized we haven’t had our 2nd annual bowl extravaganza, where I get to ridicule Nebraska and mock the rest of the Big 12 conference. Hmmmm…well, since the first part of that is a moot point, let’s take a look at some of the bowl matchups, and the Big 12 games in particular.
HOLIDAY BOWL - #11 Arizona State vs. #19 Texas
* Let’s put it this way…Texas gave up 38 points TO TEXAS A&M. This is the same Texas A&M team that put up a whopping 7 whole points against defensive juggernaut Texas Tech, and 11 against the steel curtain that is powerhouse Kansas. How in the hell has Texas pissed away this much talent? I mean, at first it was a joke, but now it’s just stupid. If not for Vince Young, Mack Brown would be far and away the most ridiculed coach on the face of the earth. Sam Keller’s team has tried to move on without him by beating a whopping 2 decent teams (Cal and UCLA).
BEL pick: Texas 30 Arizona State 23
ALAMO BOWL – Texas A&M vs. Penn State
* Usually when you look at a Big 10 team against pretty much anybody..it’s safe to say that a team from the most overrated conference on earth will fold like a t-shirt on laundry day against anyone. But despite A&M looking pretty good over the last couple of weeks, Penn State actually played fairly well before pissing away a game at Michigan State. I thought for sure the Aggies were going to be the dark horse in the Big 12 this year. But who knows…now that Fran is gone, perhaps that potential can be reached? Probably not in this case.
BEL pick: Penn State 24 Texas A&M 19
INDEPENDENCE BOWL – Colorado vs. Alabama
* Hey Nick Saban, you just lost to Louisiana-Monroe and now you’re in Shreveport…how does that taste ya worm? Pay attention Husker fan, because this very well could be you and your “name” program some day. Unfortunately for you though..the Independence Bowl is probably looking pretty good to you about now. Unfortunately, who knows how bad Colorado would beat you this time on a neutral field. Somehow, I have a feeling Hawkins is going to make Saban’s crappy year complete. Go Buffs.
BEL pick: Colorado 27 Alabama 13
INSIGHT BOWL – Oklahoma State vs. Indiana
* Indiana is playing in their first bowl game since Christ was in diapers, and Oklahoma State played like absolute crap in the only two big games they played in this year. Did I mention they lost to Troy early in the year? Then again, Indiana may be a good story, but they lost to Northwestern a few weeks ago, and were blown out by Wisconsin 33-3. Okie State isn’t that great..but they’re certainly better than Northwestern. (or any other over hyped Big 10 team you can think of.)
BEL pick: Oklahoma State 45 Indiana 31 (zzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
COTTON BOWL – #6 Missouri vs. Arkansas
* There is no doubt Arkansas can put up points…even against King Quin Pelini and the LSU Tigers. In fact, they’ve scored 30 or more 9 times this year. On the flip side, they gave up 30 or more times 6 times. (including such SEC offensive juggernauts as South Carolina and Mississippi State). I’m really not sure how Mizzou is going to come out in this game. Wouldn’t shock me if they came out rolling, nor would it shock me to see them lay an egg. I’m very happy with the job Gary Pinkel has done this season, but I think a pissed off Darren McFadden is going to prove to be a bit too much. This may prove to be more exciting than most of the BCS games. Just doesn't look like a great matchup for Mizzou when you break it down.
BEL pick: Arkansas 35 Missouri 31
GATOR BOWL - #20 Virginia vs. Texas Tech
Another one of the better bowl games that pits a schizophrenic Red Raider team, and a Virginia team who has won SEVEN games by 5 points or less. I’m not sure if that’s good or that’s bad. But then again, if they’ve never seen an offense like Tech’s before…I’m going to say that’s bad. Gotta go with Leach…especially when the Cavs gave up a whopping 33 to high-powered Virginia Tech on Thanksgiving weekend.
BEL pick: Texas Tech 51 Virginia 24
ROSE BOWL - #7 USC vs. #13 Illinois
USC is playing at home (pretty much) and at their highest level of the season. Illinois is here because they beat a pathetic Ohio State team by 7. (Whoopie Doo) This is going to get ugly quick as the howling demands of “Make USC #1 in the polls” will echo through Bristol, CT…if at least for one night. Oh…and that’s not a yellow pixel problem with your TV…that’s Juice Williams pissing down his leg.
BEL pick: USC 31 Illinois 10
SUGAR BOWL - #5 Georgia vs. #10 Hawaii
Georgia is not San Jose State, and the Superdome is not a Luau on Maui. Hawaii is going to get exposed like the two-bit fraud whores they are in about 3 drives. What’s that? Colt Brennan can pass? OK fine..can he do it against the #19 total defense in the country? (A team that DIDN’T play in the WAC). This is going to be the biggest bloodbath since Custer strolled through eastern Montana looking to set up camp.
BEL pick: Georgia 49 Hawaii 7
FIESTA BOWL - #4 Oklahoma vs. #9 West Virginia
* At first glance, I think this might be one of the best games of the bowl season. West Virginia has weapons aplenty, and God knows Oklahoma can play some ball and has been here a time or two or fifty. But I’m going to just throw this out there…if you can’t beat PITT on your home field with everything on the line..how in the HELL are you going to stop Allen Patrick? Seriously, I know you have a pretty high flying offense..but did you see what happened to that other high-powered offense who went up against OU the last time out? The riot fires will be burning bright in Morgantown on January 2nd.
BEL pick: Oklahoma 42 West Virginia 27
ORANGE BOWL - #3 Virginia Tech vs. Overrated Kansas
* Seriously….midget boy Reesing may not complete a pass. Have you seen Va Tech’s defense? Kansas hasn’t beaten a team with fewer than five losses. Last time I checked, the Hokies and their two losses (one which came in week 2) are much fewer than five. Funny thing is, Tech has been scoring some points lately as well, including 27 or more in each of their past five games. (All against defenses much better than KU) The real question is, what will be higher? The dozens of fans that KU brings to the game? Or the number of angry callers Fox gets from viewers wondering where America’s Next Top Model went?
BEL pick: Virginia Tech 23 Kansas 0
BCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME - #1 Ohio State vs. #2 LSU
* So let me get this straight…Ohio State..which hasn’t done jack shit other than beating a crappy Michigan team in an underwhelming performance…gets to take on a pissed off LSU team IN New Orleans for the National Title? Sure, makes sense to me. The Buckeyes have about as much chance winning this game as I do winning a Pulitzer Prize next spring for my upcoming column on Tom Osborne’s addiction to bestiality DVD’s.
BEL pick: LSU 27 Ohio State 10
Nebraska – 113 lockers cleaned out, 835 bench press reps, 2 DUI arrests and 1 delusional fan base.
Enjoy the games