July 25, 2006

Falling Behind....Sorry about that

I've got about 4 months worth of material after Big 12 media day yesterday. I didn't catch all of it...but I'm sure I can sum it up:

"We're going to be real good" - Husker player #1
"We've got a solid team this year" - Husker coach
"We're looking for payback" - Husker player #2
"We're confident" - Husker player #3
"I sure feel like smacking some bitch in the face" - Husker player #4. (Ok, made that one up)
"This is a confident Husker team" - Hayseed Husker radio announcer broadcasting live

Blah blah blah blah blah

Anyway, truth be told, I got tore up at the Zebrahead concert last night (which kicked ass by the way) and am a little late on my updates. I'll try to get something in tonight or tomorrow. All I have to do is read Tom Shatel's "Let's talk about how great we are, yet remember we havn't done shit in 5 years" column that I'm sure he wrote today while eating free doughnuts at the Lenexa Holiday Inn Express.

More to come shortly....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your viewpoint on KSU. Who knows with a new coach? The things we are hearing are very encouraging...players communicating with coaches (which, in my opinion, is the reason for the last couple of years...lack of a strong relationship between assistants and players), etc. It all hinges on the Louisville/Marshall games, and more than that on the Marshall game. If we can absolutely steamroll Marshall, we'll be riding a big wave of confidence into Louisville.

It'll be interesting to watch and we may get stomped, but I think that if we get a dominant win over Marshall, we'll have a confident team. Combine that with 53,000 rabid KSU fans in the loudest stadium (per person) in the country, and we've got a shot. That is one scary offense Petrino is bringing though.

I don't know what to think about this season. All I know is Nebraska is about to lose in Manhattan for the fifth straight time.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares