September 7, 2006

Tailgate 2006 - Pre Update


Thursday - 1:30pm

My apologies to those who have recently found this blog who are expceting some good old fashioned Husker rants right about now. Although I would not be shocked if Nicholls State exposed the Hicks for the giant frauds that they are...I'm certainly not counting on it on Saturday. If anything..this will cause it to actually happen...because if I'm out of town..that will be the day NU loses to a 1-AA team, and this blog crashes to the ground after 30,000 hits in the 4th quarter.

Anyhow, I use this space every year to document our annual trip to Columbia or Kansas City for this now the 7th (or is it 8th?) stright year. I completely understand that many of you really don't care to hear a bunch of voice blogs about some idiot Mizzou fans traveling to a game. However, I ask you to please stick around, because it actually gets quite entertaining at times. (Screaming down elderly Husker fans in the parking lot was especially fun)

As for the tailgate itself:

- Groceries were purchased last night by both the North and South teams. (One carload from Omaha, the other from Southern Missouri.) Grand total of the grocery bill was $243.43

- This year's tailgate theme is Fajita Fiesta. Primary festivities include steak and chicken fajitas, homemade salsa, beer and if we can pull it off...a 3 foot flowing river of cheese. (see above)

- Audio Blogs not only allow you the joy of hearing my drunken voice in person, but also act as a reminder that alcohol and pre-middle age do not mix. Hop online Saturday morning and join in the fun. It's as good as watching College Gameday...well...maybe not.

- This year's tailgate features a special celebrity guest. Stay tuned for details.

- Attendace for the tailgate has blossomed to 13. 2002's record of 6 is now easily within smashing distance.

- Estimated departure from Omaha is 12:40am on Saturday morning. ETA at Faurot Feild is 7am.



That's pretty much about it. Stay tuned in the next day or two for up-to-the-minute updates of...well...something most of you don't really care about...but it's pretty funny anyway.

Thanks for stopping by as always.

AJ

(Tailgate 2005 featured below)









7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are truly the king of the tailgate!

6:58 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Yes I am.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a HUGE Husker fan. I have been a fan my entire life. I eat, breath, and sleep Husker football.

That being said. I do not totally disagree with you on some of the things you say about the fans. I get tired of the fans patting themselves on the back saying they are the greatest just because various media outlets have printed it. It annoys me greatly. You should have to tell people how great you are. As the old cliche goes "Actions speak louder then words".

Even though I do agree with you as I said I still think you are a major jerk. It takes a real pansy to brag about "shouting down" elderly fans. I hope the right people see you being an ass some day and make you regret it.

GO BIG RED!

(I am sure you won't publish this because of the pansy you are but it was just intended for you to read.)

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ Bin Laden,

Enjoy your tailgate.

Cheers!

1:35 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Why wouldn't I publish that? You prove my point every time somebody like you throws down words like that.

Sorry the truth is so scary.

As for Obsessed Husker fan....thanks...much appreciated. Football Jihad continues.

AJ

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exactly did I prove your point? It is obvious you are a Mizzou fan with your actions. You are a major pansy.

7:59 AM  
Blogger A J said...

You proved my point by being everything that I group together as Husker fan. You serve yourself as the end all authority and DEMAND that others see how smart and right you are...only because YOUR team won some games in the 90's.

you proved my point, because you look like a complete idiot. Or, judging by your dumbed down vocabulary...a "big doofus"

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares