March 10, 2008

Just to Keep Up a Pulse


My streak of new posts every few days or so is rapidly coming to an end. Hell, I’m about ready to go through the phone book to come up with funny names, just to pass the time.

So, while I apologize somewhat for having you check back time and time again to see the same old post again and again….here are a few things hopefully to get you by til I find enough strength to post again.

* I’m not mocking the alleged sexual assault of a Lincoln student by a UNL football player, nor am I really bashing Bo Pelini’s handling of the situation. (Let’s see what he does first). However, what I AM openly mocking is your reaction as Husker nation defends domestic violence once again in the name of a winning program. You think I’m joking? Do a little research on your own on any national message board, or hell…even your e-mail lists at work. (If you’re like me and are surrounded of course.) If you ask them why the Husker thugged-out yet again…you’ll GUARANTEE get hit with one of two responses.

1. “Oh yeah….well (insert your team) has troubles as well. (Then 3 paragraphs about some guy who got suspended for 1 game for cheating on a Home Economics quiz.

Or

2. “How do you know it happened? The (insert media outlet) is always out to get us.

No matter how you approach them, they’re almost always…to a man (or woman) going to try and spin it. As I stated earlier…let’s see how the whole thing plays out…but safe to say the world-class typical spin has already begun and is in mid-season form.
* Wow, Nebraska and Missouri finished in the bottom half of the Big 12 yet again. Somebody a few days ago mentioned why I don't mention Missouri basketball. Yeah, like that is somehow supposed to sting me? Why the hell SHOULD I write about Missouri basketball when you don't care either?
You have devoted your life to telling the world about your football dominance. Why the hell would I even DREAM of deviating from that when the one team you hold most dear is in the absolute toilet...while at the same time...mine is going to open the season in the top 5?
Again, I might be crazy...but I'm not stupid.
AJ
PS - You want a Big 12 Prediction for the tourney?
KU...but not because they're good. (Only because they need a big win in order to fall flat on their face to Davidson or Siena or some other D5 school that is going to bounce them out of the 1st or 2nd round)

11 Comments:

Blogger NebraskaBuckeye said...

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2008/03/10/huskerextra/football/doc47d59dfc93d8c735385811.txt

nubbies at it again!

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You think I’m joking? Do a little research on your own on any national message board"

What would you know about a NU message board. You have NEVER visited one. Right?

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I am willing to let the legal system (or buying off the victim) take its course. I think they are so desperate to reclaim their birth right as the greatest college footballl program they are willing to rationalize anthing at this point.

2:29 PM  
Blogger NE-Jhawk said...

Don't worry slaver. We know why you don't talk basketball. You suck. Your school sucks. And there's no chance at you EVER having a break out season. Better learn how to suck Pinkel's dick real good. There is no plan B.

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ:

I do find it interesting that Nebraska Football usually gives you such great opportunities to trash them. I think some days they really do it to keep you in business.

Just one question. Where did their nickname "nubbies" come from?

A man with your passion, unique background and intelligence should be able to answer this one.

Perhaps you can also research many of the other nicknames (ie. "cornholers" "holers" "fuskers") tagged to the Huskers and dedicate a whole post on it. I mean really "what the hell is a "fusker" anyway?

Fred

PS. If you are not up to it let your loyal readers chime in and add their Husker nicknames (with definitions, back ground and history).

8:23 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Let the record show that while I approve of the name "Nubbies", I personally find it not offensive enough to bestow upon Husker fans.

Also let the record show that Mr. Ne-Jhawk is a douche. I would continue, but I am rather confident that some lower-mid level team is going to cause more damage to him in the next two weeks than any words of mine.

That is all.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What were the odds that a beaker would bring performing oral sex on another man into the discussion? And as for nebraska nicknames, I've always been partial to corndogs.

8:49 PM  
Blogger NE-Jhawk said...

Maybe...but it will be a mid level team that made the field. Something you only wish you could do...which explains all the Bradley jerseys worn by MU fans.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ne-jhawk: "Suck Pinkel's dick." Now there's an original thought. Did you come up with that because you're so busy sucking Magninos? Oh, wait. You can't reach it around all that blubber. You and your one year wonder football team will be forgotten in 2008. Oh, so will the basketball team. It's tourney time and everyone knows KU chokes in the big dance.

9:04 AM  
Blogger NebraskaBuckeye said...

"You think I’m joking? Do a little research on your own on any national message board"

What would you know about a NU message board. You have NEVER visited one. Right?

Umm, do you know what reading comprehension is? I means that you understand what the writer is trying to convey. Now for some nubbies, I know that little tidbit is a hard pill to swallow. Now if you take the time and read what AJ said in a previous post, he said that he doesn't visit the UNL message board. Now I understand where you misunderstood the post, well hell I'm glad you can even read at this point.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bo Pelini now has a "zero tolerance policy" in effect with his team. Let's see how long that lasts.

Wow, Huskers getting into trouble, people trying to recall the mayor over a ballpark, the same people that approved of a bridge to Council Bluffs that in essence allows the Nebraska money to fund Iowa, and talk by Tom Shatel of how next year will be the year for Creighton.

Thank God I'm out of that hell hole.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares