October 29, 2008

Lame of the Century

Well, the bi-annual Oklahoma vs. Nebraska trip down memory lane is upon us; where one really good team beats the crap out of a really bad team, following a full week of making the rest of us look at grainy old video of Johnny Rodgers scoring a touchdown well before I was born. But to be fair, this "rivalry" isn't all fossils and dinosaurs. I mean, who could forget your classy team taking on the “Fucking Hillbillies”? Or Husker thug Darren DeLome cold-cocking an Oklahoma cheerleader in the face and then claiming he felt “threatened”?

But every single time we go through this whole masquerade party down memory lane, we are once again bombarded with the same old question from Omaha media over and over and over and over: Is Oklahoma, Nebraska’s biggest rival?

My answer of course is that this was and always will be a trick question. Why? For the simple fact that you people wouldn’t know a rivalry if it came up and swiped the yellow piece of foam off your heads. RIVALRY with Oklahoma? Isn’t there a statute of limitations on such things? Aside from a couple of fluke Husker seasons in 2001 and 2002 (Right about the time Frank Solich was selling his soul for a Rose Bowl Birth) do you realize the last time the two teams met BOTH ranked was 1993? Not that ranking has anything to do with rivalry as we shall soon see…but to think this is some sort of contemporary clash of the titans is a bit of a stretch.

All of this..and we havne’t even mentioned the colon pounding the Huskers are most certainly going to take under the lights in this year’s version of the Red “Remember When” Rivalry.

"Hey Hateful blog guy, why isn't it a rivalry"?
What would I know about two great programs clashing on the gridiron? And why shouldn’t these two superpowers play every single year?

Because in order for a true rivalry, you have to fit at least 2 of the following 5 criteria:

1) Your states went to war or had some sort of armed conflict.
(Nope, not here... unless you count the Miss Teen USA pagent, Nebraska and Oklahoma have never seriously competed against each other for anything aside from college sports and the white-hot Omaha Royals-Oklahoma RedHawks rivalry in AAA baseball. I haven’t checked lately, but I’m pretty sure nobody died in one of those contests either.)

2) You have ZERO mutual respect for the other team’s traditions and past successes.
(Nebraska fans..at least the ones I know..are ALWAYS raving about how much respect and admiration they have for the OU program. Sure some old timers hold a grudge, but any Husker fan born after the MTV revolution would have Bob Stoops’ children if he asked them too. Hell, Barry Switzer would probably get more votes here than Tom Osborne did. If you respect the other team...it's not a rivalry. Trust me.)

3) You find yourself spending 20 minutes rooting against your potential rival's girls soccer team when you stopped flipping channels on ESPNU on a Tuesday night.
(I’ll admit it…I’ll flip through channels and catch a KU women’s basketball game and root for the opposing team, whomever they might be, to go on a nice 32-0 run. Can you say the same thing about OU?)

4) Your potential rival doesn’t have two other rivals ahead of you.
(Please tell me how NU and Oklahoma can be such “true rivals”, if Oklahoma already has Texas and Oklahoma State to deal with? Even you people have got to find some serious balls to think that Sooner fans actually despise you more than UT fans or Okie Light fans. Granted…if they lived near you they probably would rather easily…but I digress)

5) One of your fans naively made up a really idiotic story on the internet in a public forum about the opposing QB and nearly got his ass sued for libel.
(OK, you got me on that one.)

So go ahead and ramp up the talk of trying to sign OU to a multi-year football deal, where the two teams would meet in non-rotation years. Granted, I’m sure the Sooner fans would love the automatic w’s 5 times a decade…but shouldn't you be a bit careful what you wish for? Let’s talk again after Saturday to see if you still think that is such a good idea.


Power Poll:

NORTH:
1) Missouri (6-2, 2-2) at Baylor
– Nice of the Tigers to put the newspapers down long enough to finally realize they need to actually produce on the field and stop listening to Lee Corso. The Tigers looked extremely pissed off against a hapless Buff team last weekend on a beautiful night in Columbia. Robert Griffen of course is a real threat…although Missouri has been much better against the run than the pass of late.

2) Kansas (5-3, 2-2) vs. Kansas State – The Squaks laid their biggest egg in three years by getting destroyed by a solid-but-not-great Texas Tech team on their own turf. Normally, I ‘d love to drop them lower, but where are you going to put them? This Saturday’s rivalry game should be a good tonic for a sore Jayhawk ass that gave up 900 yards against the Red Raiders.

3) Kansas State (4-4, 1-3) at Kansas – Sure the Cat’s can’t stop anybody, but again..where are you going to drop them? Giving up 55 points in a half to OU is nothing to brag about, but if you look at who they’ve played in conference (Tech and Oklahoma as well as Colorado and A&M on the road)…you’ve got to figure things can only get better. Maybe not…after Todd Reesing, the Cats get Mizzou…in Columbia…on Senior Day.

4) Colorado (4-4, 1-3) at Texas A&M – Although I was mocked by some Husker bloggers, the Buff defense certainly didn’t give any hints prior to last weekend that they were about to be destroyed. Holding Texas to 38 a few weeks ago, and KSU to 13 the week before actually doesn’t look too bad. Unfortunately, Dan Hawkins has raised the white flag and made a QB change…one that didn’t look to be going too well last weekend. Saturday's matchup in college station should actually be decent against two relatively even teams.

5) Nebraska (5-3, 2-2) at Oklahoma – Piss, whine and cry all you want Husker fans…WHY on earth should I rank you higher? You beat two of the worst teams in the league and got absolutely ass slammed by Mizzou in your own house. So you played keep away from an overrated Texas Tech team for 60 minutes, only to choke it away…whoopie doo. I’ve already said it before…your true test comes after your upcoming losses to OU and Kansas. Those games @KSU and vs. CU will determine if you’re going to 72nd and Dodge to celebrate a trip to the 4th best bowl in Phoenix…or staying at home yet again with your thumb up your ass for the holidays. I know where my money’s at.

6) Iowa State (2-6, 0-4) at Oklahoma State – Don’t chuckle Cyclone fans…you lost to that shitty team…at home. As for this weekend…I wonder if that fancy new scoreboard that Boone Pickens donated has three digits under the Home side? I guess we may find out.


SOUTH:
1) Texas (8-0, 4-0) at Texas Tech
– The horns give up a lot of passing yards because their opponents are almost always airing it out to come from behind. At Texas, you are bred to play in games like this. In Lubbock, the pressure is on in front of a moonshine-fueled home fan base in what surely is the most anticipated matchup in the state since Santa Ana headed north. In big games like this..the team who has the most big-game expierence usually wins…no brainer here who that is.

2) Oklahoma (7-1, 3-1) vs. Nebraska – After the Sooners and Huskers take all their pictures..punch each other’s cheerleaders in the face and wax nostalgic over a bunch of games that were played before color TV…OU is going to sodomize Nebraska in new and exciting ways. Nebraska hasn’t beaten a ranked top 20 team in a true road game since September of 1997. (yes…that’s 11 years for those of you not so good in math and yes...you can look it up)

3) Oklahoma State (7-1, 3-1) vs. Iowa State – Look for the Cowboys to be playing underclassmen by the 3rd quarter, and only guys who’s first name is “Mike” in the 4th quarter. And ABC put this in it’s 2:30pm slot because?......

4) Texas Tech (8-0, 4-0) vs. Texas – Let me put it this way….if you need overtime to beat Nebraska on the same field…you may have a bit of trouble against Texas. I don’t do this for a living..but that’s just a hunch. Then again, when you think of HUGE wins against ranked teams…you immediately think…Texas Tech. Uhhhh, yeah.

5) Baylor (3-5, 1-3) vs. Missouri – Remember back in July when I said Baylor would upset somebody they weren’t supposed to beat somewhere along the way? Yeah, I really wish I wouldn’t have written that. Regardless, the Bears are somewhat dangerous but extremely undermanned. If Chase Daniel plays as pissed off as last week, it could be a long day for BU.

6) Texas A&M (3-5, 1-3) vs. Colorado – A&M is actually starting to score a few points of late..but unfortunately have given up 35 or more in 5 of their last 6 games. Lucky for them, Colorado isn’t exactly an offensive juggernaut as they try and bounce back from a horrible game last week. This should be low scoring and perhaps could jump start the Mike Sherman era into the next phase. Or maybe they’ll piss this away. They did barely beat Army and lost to Arkansas State this year ya know.

29 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ass slammed!

Did you get that from your gay bar during your time away from here?

Good luck with your retirement, your going to need it the way things appear to be going for you.

Sincerely,

Slammed Ass

6:54 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Good one.

You showed me.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ,

Couldn't agree with you more on the Power Rankings, but even as a Jayhawk fan I'm not sure how much confidence I have in us beating K-State, let alone winning in Lincoln. I think the best answer is, "ask me again around 3pm on Saturday"....

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted this on the Mizzou board on espn.com

It's all in good fun!

______________________________

I found this posted at YouTube.

I had to post this here to refute the comments by some that we are a bunch of toothless, cousin-marrying morons. You know that those folks live south of you in Arkansas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXn9E0VTVVE

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ did you fall on your fucking head! I can deal with KU being ranked ahead of us until we rip them a new one next week but KSU! What the fuck are you thinking man! You have to explain your reasoning on that pick because it is pretty damn stupid!

And you say to have a real rivalry you need to have had a bunch of one tooth hick bastards sneak in during the night and kill women and children! Fuck that pal we don't need any rivalries like that!

I do find it rather amusing that the 71 OU-NU game being picked by the entire College football world as the game of the century bothers you dumb ass Missouri fucks.

It must really piss you off that the 95 NU team is listed as the best team ever. How bad did we kick your kittys ass that year? Oh and save your breath I know it is ancient history but it is indeed history and you just can't do anything about it.

The bottom line, we will do no better than 8-4 this year if we are lucky this year, 7-5 is more realistic. And we will end up in a shit bowl in a shit town and I will be right there supporting my team. Your team will have a good bowl game, will you be there supporting them or will you be home writing more of this fantasy shit you dream up!

The future however looks up for us! Yours don't look so bright, booger boy is gone this year and Maclin will jump to the big league with that good Tight End you guys have. That's a lot of talent to replace and Gabbert ain't the way bud, Callafuck proved he could not judge talent and he thought that fuck was talented.

And why the fuck do you live in Nebraska! I sure as fuck would not live in Missouri with all your inbred one tooth hick bastard fucksticks no matter what the job paid!

11:51 PM  
Blogger A J said...

OK...I'll give you a personal reply.

1) Relax, did you read the sign on the door? What did you expect?

2) Who have you beaten? You beat a HORRIBLE Iowa State team and struggled with Baylor...two of the 3 worst teams in the league. You were crushed by Missouri and literally played Keep Away from Tech...another team who hasn't played really anybody at all.

If you think I'm going to dart you forward because you ALMOST won a road game against an overranked opponent...you're crazy.

Beat Oklahoma, I'm sure you'll move up.

8:13 AM  
Blogger A J said...

PS - I live here because it's entertaining watching fans like you lose their minds over something they can't control.

(That and I've nearly paid my house off)

8:13 AM  
Blogger Husker_Engineer said...

AJ:

You seriously were not born before the Game of the Century? God, I did not think I could hate you more. Kudos for proving me wrong.

I know you hate Husker fans, but it is okay when you get the weekly 'why do you live in Omaha' question to say that you like Omaha. Really. I don't think MU will make you turn in your fan club card or your degree or anything.

I knew you would keep us 6th for no better reason than you knew it would spin some Husker fans out of control.

Its all good. KU, KSU, and CU are all on the schedule....so we get to see who is better in the next 5 weeks.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always too funny to see Nubbies call others hicks.

And for any lurking Sooners, why in the hell is your AD throwing a make-nice reunion with the Nebraska oldtimers? You'd think after Throatslash and the boys antics, old St Tom should be on his knees kissing your tail and throwing a free kegger for every Sooner fan. And why does your AD want to remember some old, questionable loss anyway? I don't get it.

I want to see the South in chaos with a 3-way tie for first, so I'm pulling for Tech to win as that's probably the last decent chance for a Texas loss this season (but the Aggies have beaten them the past 2 years). Don't know if a four way would work out mathematically since Okie St still has Tech and OU to play...but a 3 way tie at least would make for some fun bitching and whining.

You Nublets enjoy the barbed wire enema this week.

9:26 AM  
Blogger KSTATER said...

I hate KU. I hate their colors. The red and blue make me physically ill, everytime I see them I have this physical tick where I turn my eyes away for a split second. I hate the name of their school. Like they are the only school in Kansas. We were founded in 1863, two years before those cheaters. I hate the attitude of KU fans. I hate that they are so "tolerant" of everything unless it directly affects them. And somehow, even though our school is more academically prestigious at this point in time, just because we are K-state, somehow that makes us sheep farmers. Well, you know what? Those homos can keep their male dancing and underwater basket weaving and we will keep the livestock and harvested goods.

I hate that they can never admit that we beat them fair and square. I hate their double standard. Football was the most unimportant sport until last year, now it is the cat's pajamas in Lawrence. This year when we beat them, it won't really matter because, "they don't really care about football." I hate the songs that their band plays, they make me want to rip my ears off so I don't have to hear them. I hate their sense of entitlement, the way they think they deserve everything because they are "cultured." I hate Mark Mangino, I hate that he never gives Snyder his due. I hate him because he is so fat. I hate him because he allegedly beats on his wife. I hate it that KU has the nerve to think they belong on the same football field as us. I hate their alcoholic midget quarterback who has the clap! I hate the rapist who was supposed to run for 2000 yards!

I hate their stupid KU idol thing, Campanille or wherever the hell they sacrifice virgins to the NCAA so they won't be punished for their recruiting sins. I hate those stupid bells that go off when they score a touchdown. I feel like Bruce Banner when he is about to turn into the hulk, I am filled with so much rage it can't be put into words. I hate it that they wear stickers instead of real school apparel. I hate it that they call our gym Allen Fieldhouse West. It's real name is Bramlage Coliseum you cunt bitches! If it would guarantee a KSU victory I would go out there and play without pads. I hate KU so much that I would give up a chance at a threesome with Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood for a victory on Saturday! I would sell everything I own. I hope they never win another game. I hope they get sent to the MVC. If Ron Prince doesn't do anything else the rest of the time he is coach here...please, just beat KU. Fuck KU!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As much as you rag on NU, you realize that MU's win over NU is all your team has to hang their hat on right? It's like 2007 all over again, MU rags on other teams for beating no one, but beats no one themselves. Congrats!

10:46 AM  
Blogger A J said...

For Fuck's sake people..I ranked you ahead of ISU. What more do you want?

And yes, I'm well aware of who Missouri has beaten and who they have not beaten. That was not a part of the discussion, but if you would like for it to be..we can go that route.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL got you there! Just hard smack talk bud!

Sorry man but I am not one of those die hard Husker fans who live in the fog of the past. I know where we are right now and that is a middle pack team that has not beaten a name opponent in a hell of a long time.

I also know that if we play like we did last week it will be a long night Saturday night.

As far as you living in Omaha, your just a money whore! You got a good job that makes it worth it or you would have called Mayflower as soon as you could. I live in South Dakota for the same reason.

I still think you fell on your fucking head in regards to K-State!

Stop by my site www.ourhuskers.com anytime AJ.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ,

I am not going to argue that the Huskers are better than your power poll suggests, because I agree that we need to beat somebody with more than a semblance of a pulse (Iowa State has no discernible pulse and Baylor has Robert Griffin and that's about it).

However, I think it would be more accurate (and a statement to the pathetic state of the B12N) if it were Mizzou # 1 and a tie for #2 between KU, KSU, CU, NU, with ISU #6.

None of the middle of the pack teams have done anything to distinguish themselves - KU has won 5 games (Florida Intl, Louisiana Tech, Sam Houston State, ISU and CU) while losing to South Florida, TTU and OU. That is borderline pathetic and arguably no better than what NU or the other middle of the pack teams have done (at least as I can recall - too lazy to research eaches wins/losses).

Admittedly, choosing between the rest of the B12N is like deciding which STD ridden hooker you have to bang...and I know you hate us, but I can't believe you are giving KU as much credit as you are - they really are not very good and I expect that will be proven out over the last part of the year, culminating with a thorough beat down against Mizzou.

Just my .02 and Go Big Red.

JH

1:15 PM  
Blogger daddyact said...

I for one, didn't say a goddamn thing about how good Colorado's defense is. KSU's offense just stinks that badly.

Oh, I know what you're gonna say. KSU scored points against the Sooners. Well, guess what? OU isn't playing very good defense.

In fact, the Husker could put 31 up on the Sooners this weekend. Could! I'm not that much of a homer.

It's pretty clear that we're going to have to beat the losers from Kansas and Colorado before you'll ever admit the Huskers are the second best team in the North.

Now that we will do. It won't change the beat down by MU or OU, but we gotta start somewhere.

Wise up aj. Oh, that's right, you've already admitted you really don't know much about cfb. Kansas will lose six games this year. Period.

KSU will get it's ass handed to it two Saturdays from today and the Buffs won't be able to find their asses in Lincoln. Hell, it's pretty clear they've already lost them.

9:20 PM  
Blogger daddyact said...

Hey, idiot-stick!

A "rivalry" doesn't mean a goddamn thing when you're generally playing for fourth place in the division, or sixth in the conference, which is where the winner of the MU-KU rivalry historically has finished.

When you're playing for championships it becomes a rivalry you dumb shit.

9:41 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Is it just me, or have Daddycat's ramblings become even more all over the place in recent weeks?

I respect the anger and hate, but you gotta take a breath dude. You're all over the place.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lot of rage building this week, especially kstater. he's all talk, no way he would give up that threesome for a ksu win. Although KSU fans hate us and generally treat us like shit when we go down there, I absolutely agree with kstater. I hate those fucking stuck up KU metros. I would rather party in aggieville anyday. He is also proof that a rivalry doesn't have to be between two good teams. red sox fans hate yankee fans now matter what the standings read.

You north power poll is a bit of a joke. We haven't beaten anybody, understood. KSU has done nothing, and looked horrible doing it. Did you see the KU game last week. Reesing threw 3 picks at home vs. the defense we played keep away from. CU did beat west V, but they have looked horrible recently, spot on with the white flag observation. Son Cody was finally exposed as an average qb at best. KSU should share the cellar with ISU.

The Big 12 ruined the OU - NU rivarly, but it was one of college fb's biggest for nearly 30 years. We kicked the shit out of OU from '93-'99, but we still wanted to beat those guys every year more than anyone else on our schedule. i understand they have Texas, but Okie St to them is like CU to us. They both want OU and NU to be their rivals, but the history is so lopsided it's hard to take them serious. I'm sure that makes those teams hate us even more.

No problem with people calling us hicks, but the inbred rednecks are all in the south, starting at Missouri. I've been down to the ozarks, those are some teeth missing, moonshine drinking, illiterate, cousin fucking, rednecks. You don't see that in NE, or really anywhere north of Mizzou.

This blog started to suck when you announced to the world that you won your belt and are leaving. Its like a boxer who gets a knock down in the 5th and then walks out of the ring and declares himself champ, even though the fight is not over and in all reality he just forfeited.

ah well, i still enjoy it.

internet tough guy

11:39 AM  
Blogger A J said...

Nebraska hasn't done jack shit in 6 years. My team just beat them 52-17 and 41-6 in the past two years.

Trust me...it's over and you did not win.

12:28 PM  
Blogger broker0625 said...

Trust me AJ it isn't over. Fans like you never get over getting killed for years. It's a period of time that you are enjoying. Good for you. You will still always hate the Nebraska fanbase. Even if you are completely offbase and wrong about us. Sure, you're not the only one who hates us. But look at the people who blog on here and hate us. Lets see, could they be K-state, KU, CU, and MU fans. Great. Now that we have that out of the way. Nobody else in college football sees us that way. Only the basement dweller big 8 teams. So it's either the very few like you or the masses of everybody else in the country who completely and thoroughly enjoy coming here and playing Nebraska. This is why it will never end, you have won nothing more than getting a few over the edge fans to call you names and act like you think the whole fan base acts. Congratulations on your short term win streak against NU. Congratulations on convincing yourself that it's over.

Trent

1:36 PM  
Blogger Nowledge said...

Reality is defined by perception.

If A.J. wants to declare "Winner" and walk away, let him. The other 99.99% of us can think otherwise and still win the electoral vote. (Just like John McCain)

Anyway, I really don't care. I just come for the discussions.

Plus, who really thinks you can persuade him to think otherwise? Stats and facts, tradition, strippers, etc. have already been thrown his way and he still hasn't changed his mind. :P

1:55 PM  
Blogger Husker_Engineer said...

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

HELL NO!!

Kudos for the recent success. However, you know as well as I do AJ that as soon as NU beats Mizzou....and it ain't gonna take us 30 yrs....NU fans will be all over you like a pair of red and white stripped bibs...

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're telling me that if we go on to beat Mizzou 100 staright times, you still win because you won 3 out of 5 and two in a row? pretty mediocre standards to dance in the street claim your imaginary belt. Not that NU will ever be like they once were, but to declare victory in week 4 is pathetic, reminds me of mark may declaring that USC was the best team ever right before they lost to vince young.

Six years? OU from '93-'99, USC in the 90's, Notre Dame since they won a bowl game 10 years ago, AL before this year, all top 10 teams(with the exception of ND) that had shitty 6+ year runs recently. I'm sure SEC, pac 10, and big 8 teams declared they had won too.

Point earlier about your power poll: KU, CU, and KSU deserve to move down. We won games we were supposed to and they all looked pathetic.

internet tough guy

2:45 PM  
Blogger NE-Jhawk said...

Daddyact,

You're and idiot and I'll prove it.

Army/Navy.

They never played for shit but pride and its one of the top 3 rivalries in the FUCKING COUNTRY.

So take your head out of your ass numb-nuts.

2:49 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Here's what some of you aren't getting. (Nowledge..that was pretty funny actually. props).

I'm not delusional, nor do I think Missouri is going to be a top 20 team forever. That's not the point of any of this. (For those of you who were here in 2005 and 2006, you know what I'm talking about. I always expect (and usually get) the worst).

I'm also sure that with NU's clout, "name" and donor money, they will probably never sink to the depths that Washington is now or even Michigan. THey'll always have hope, because that's just how college football is.

But what is dead is that mystique...that fear that your program carried for all those years. What is dead is that ability to beat teams just by showing up with your 30,000 yokels and your plain ugly helmets. I don't think many of you realize how much you took all that for granted.

All of that is gone..that whole mindset which went along with my own team's futility.

No matter what happens from here on out...that is gone forever.

I won.
You lost.

Doesn't matter what happens from here on out.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ: Look you stupid bastards. You've got no arms left.

Nubs: Yes we have.

AJ: *Look!*

Nubs: It's just a flesh wound. You yellow bastard! Come back here and take what's coming to you! I'll bite your legs off!!

5:34 PM  
Blogger daddyact said...

jhawk, tell me who even watches the Army-Navy game? Not if there's anything better on.

No one gives a crap about that game except the broadcasters who try to hype it every year.

You're an idiot and I'll prove it. What are the ratings for the Army-Navy game? Dead last in the ratings of cfb games EVERY FUCKING YEAR.

The only reason anyone watches is because CBS insists on showing it the first Saturday in December every year. And it's always a bad game. It generally is used as background noise because nothing else is on until later in the day.

Go ahed and leave your head stuck up your ass. That's where it belongs.

2:50 PM  
Blogger daddyact said...

aj, you moron.

while I realize there are probably plenty of NU fans that thought we'd never lose again or that it was our "right", I can assure you that the vast majority of Husker fans were never delusional or expected that winning as we did could go on forever.

I don't know what "mystique" you're talking about. NU has hardly had any mystique to it even during the last 46 years. We had a streak that was beyond anything most of us ever thought possible.

We never ever expected to win just by showing up. Au Contraire, mon ami, we showed up to watch a hard-nosed football team play to it's best and hopefully win. Playing well is all we ever hoped for. Why do you think Callahan was fired?

NU fans were actually fairly used to getting beat by OU. We even accepted losing to Colorado, though we never liked it. Hell, losing to Bill Snyder was always acknowledged as just losing to a great coach. We respected Snyder, while we hated it.

We even took our lumps back in the days when Mizzou was a tough opponent. You can't possibly understand the anguish of losing to the Tigers in 1978 after beating the hated Sooners the week before.

Guess what? We'll still show up with 30,000 fans when we can get the tickets. It will be tougher since winning generally generates fan support and many of the teams we used to walk over have started winning.

We'll still support the program because we know that despite what you think of us, we've never been fair weather fans. In fact, the passion for this program has only increased in it's intensity because of the difficult times we're suffering through.

So go ahead and fold your little tent here. Take your ball and go home. Close up your house and fence it off from the world. Scream at the kids to get off your lawn like the tired old man you've become.

It's sad. Really! Now that your little tiggers have won a game in Lincoln, you've nothing to live for.

They'll probably find your tired old body surrounded by stacks of newspaper and two dozen cats about three weeks after you're dead. Nobody will have noticed, because they'll think you died back in 2009.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh heck AJ is like most Mizzou fans... They wouldn't know a rivalry if they got slapped in the face with one. Heck their still fighting the Civil war.
AJ if I were you, I would do a little reading about the Lawrence Masacre, before I held it up as the model by which you measure a sports rivalry.
and when you care to take pot shots at Nebraska's 7 year slump... let me remind you it will take another 27 consecutive years of victories over NU before your tiger's will even be on a level record with the huskers. Yah you can be mad, its what folks from Missery do best. but before you call NU a has been, you need to become relevant. 44 bowl appearance to 24, 5 national titles to zero, 43 conference championships to 15... oh and life time record, NU 70.1% wins MU 53.5% Heck NU has been in More National Championship games than you have won bowls total... 13-10. AJ your pontifications have been measured and found insignificant.

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares