December 15, 2008

News, Notes and Things I Don't Have Comment On

As you may have noticed, the updates are starting to slow to a trickle here at BEL, just before a silent and graceful death. I do appreciate the passing insults, barbs and the attempts to make me reconsider shutting the doors. But as I’ve stated many times before; My work here is done. There is simply no more reason to go on.

Anyhow, there hasn’t been any new posts, because not one damn thing has happened this week to make me feel like writing. I certainly could throw out columns for the sake of writing, but my will is gone and my anger has simmered. Some of these non-items I'm not going to write about include:

* The cold. Yes, it’s cold….it’s winter. Buy a damn coat.

* The Heisman. Yes, ESPN sucks gigantic moose balls and yes Sam Bradford simply won the “Best QB on the Best team” award amid 60 minutes of hype seldom seen outside of Las Vegas. And yes, I could probably go on and on about how I could throw for 2,000 yards behind Oklahoma offensive line…but again: What’s the point? You know my take. I know my take. Again, not worth it.

* Your bowl game. You’re playing a 5-loss disappointment of a program in Clemson...in a shitty city and you’re still an underdog. Good lord, could this game be any more boring to the outside fan? The biggest story-line going into the game is…and I swear to God this is true: Both coaches have funny names. THIS is what the bowl system has come down to. I’ve dedicated a lot of time hating the Nebraska football program, and even I can’t find enough energy to even roll my eyes. Please oh please, make this thing be done with so we can go back to our Creighton basketball and our Grapefruit League baseball in a few weeks. (Of course, all of which leads up to the annual “Dig-us” festival known as the NU spring game after that.)

* Nebraska volleyball. Again, a quick look into the archives will tell you exactly what I think about this abomination of sport. Just because your team is good at it doesn’t make you great fans. I don’t care how good of athletes those girls are..(and they are great athletes)…it still doesn’t make it any more interesting to pretty much anyone but you.

* The Omaha downtown stadium is going to cost 150 million bucks, and is going to sit empty 50 weeks out of the year. Well, that is unless Roger Dixon finds an Independent League to play in the ballpark, which in case you haven’t seen an Independent League game, it’s a cross between fast-pitch softball and an NAIA scrimmage. If you’re willing to pay 6 bucks just to park to watch that brand of baseball…then you must love dizzy bat races way more than I do.

* The UNO Maverick hockey team. FINALLY, a team that hasn’t hit the bottom of the barrel before Christmas break. Granted, they’ve played absolutely nobody..but at least they’re beating the teams they should. Is it too little too late? Is it enough to win back over a disgruntled fan base? Who cares. I won’t be writing about it here

* Turner Gill. I’ve had several people ask me my take on Turner Gill getting screwed over by several football programs in light of his candidacy for head coach. My answer to that is: Have you ever thought maybe he’s an asshole? OK, he’s probably not…and for the most part, dude is a respectable man who does things the right way. But let’s get real here…he is coaching in Buffalo right now that nobody has paid attention to and spent his entire adult life before that being Tom Osborne’s personal piss boy in Lincoln. Would he make a great head coach somewhere? Maybe. But it’s going to take more than a 5 loss MAC team to impress me. (Like you’d be shocked if I said anything else?)

* And finally, many of you are bummed I’m sure about the lack of a power poll this week. Because this has been by far the most controversial portion of the blog over the past few years, I’d like to present to you a special year-end power poll dedicated just to Husker fans.

1 -11 Everybody else
12. Nebraska

That’s right…a guy who writes a Husker hating blog…who has spent 4 years and literally MILLIONS of words bashing your team…picked you LAST. Boy, I sure showed you guys. Man, that’s gotta sting.

(Yes, that’s sarcasm and yes, most have you take that thing way way way too seriously. Good Lord, get the hell over yourselves).

The slow walk to the gallows continues.

28 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Weak sauce. Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and say you couldn't throw the ball 5 yards down the field to your wide open kid in the backyard, let alone 2,000 yards in a BCS conference.

Quit pretending like you are retiring Favre, nobody is buying it.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, Now that was pretty darn funny!

4:09 AM  
Blogger A J said...

Guess you'll see.

PS - Your schoolyard athlete smack is funny to me, for many reasons.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very weak. its more insulting to rank us 4th in the north, then 12th in the conference. i expect better. not laziness.

11:42 AM  
Blogger A J said...

Laziness?

How about apathy or indiffernece?

12:10 PM  
Blogger A J said...

You guys picked up a white RB named "Rex" who looks like the Dude you're gettin a Dell kid and goes by the nickname "Superman"?

Oh man...you guys do want me to stick around don't you?

Priceless stuff

1:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Man...... appearance smack coming from the team whose quarterback looks like he is well on his way to Mangino-like proportions. I'm sure you would have turned down Rex "Superman" Burkhead had he come knocking at your door. Also, when did you become a racist?

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't the last good white RB in the B12 Brock Olivo?

6:29 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Saying the dude looks like a Millard West Prom King doesn't make me racist. It means you have a new running back who looks like a complete douchebag.

PS - I love it when you swing at air like that. Pretty funny.

7:30 PM  
Blogger A J said...

BigHead, I'd say either Olivo or Sharpe this year for KU. And let's not forget the greatest white running back of all time who just so happen to line up under center...Eric Crouch.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good bit of diction this time aj,

EXCEPT, when you drilled on Turner Gill. So that makes you a complete A$$ Ho!e.

Gomer

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You nailed that right on the head. My dad is Auburn's AD and he told me he would of hired Turner Gill if he wasn't such a douchebag cornhusker asshole.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When your quarterback is the biggest sounding/looking douche bag in the Big 12, you lose the right to insult. And that was a sarcastic race card, but the fact that you had to defend yourself makes me wonder. Next you are going to be telling me how many "black" friends you have....

9:57 AM  
Blogger A J said...

Damian, stop being a prick. Smack fun and games is one thing, but anybody who knows me or reads my stuff knows that's not the case.

Daniel bashing is allowed, but calling out my character in an obvious attempt to strike at something...when nothing else is there...is not allowed.

10:55 AM  
Blogger A J said...

PS - Besides..what the fuck do you care? I said the same thing about Gabbert 2 years ago.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I apologize for hurting your feelings.

12:31 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Didn't hurt my feelings...you're just being a prick.

There are 1,000,000 things to bash me about...but that's not exactly one of them.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now what the fuck am I going to read?

4:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Quit being a puss.

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure Chase Daniel is what they refer to as a "Gay Bear".

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said 'good', not 'gay'.

6:20 PM  
Blogger NE-Jhawk said...

Whatever you racist slaver fuck. You wear blackface and sing mammy every fucking chance you get.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ...you now see why Pelini barely even recruited at LSU, the guy is a social misfit and it is being proven in his recruiting, which is lets face it been down right horrible here. We literally are recruiting against SMU and Houston!!! Holy shit.

Bring us Turner PLEASE!!!!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good bye FUCK TARD. O ya, fuck Mizzu, ah, screw that the WHOLE state of Missery. Have fun at your desk job.

- Andrew

7:18 PM  
Blogger Husker_Engineer said...

You are ragging on Rex?????

Holy shitballs!!!!

Have you even SEEN Mizzou's fucking offensive coordinator.....

Priceless AJ......

I think ole Dave is still wondering where his car is.

BTW, speaking of prom kings, here is Dave as a senior. I wonder if he still has that Color Me Badd CD?

10:18 PM  
Blogger A J said...

I'm seriously going to miss NE's faux civil war racism rants.

PS - Yost is a goofy looking bastard, but he's a pretty good coach.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"AJ...you now see why Pelini barely even recruited at LSU, the guy is a social misfit and it is being proven in his recruiting, which is lets face it been down right horrible here. We literally are recruiting against SMU and Houston!!! Holy shit.

Bring us Turner PLEASE!!!!"

Go back to the BigRedBoard and start a circle jerk like all you enjoy so much there.

9:10 AM  
Blogger A J said...

Heh..and who said the civil war is over?

Faces and coaches change...but the battle lines remain.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares