April 26, 2005

Random Anger - Morning Coffee 04/26

A few random thoughts go get me through the day today:

Jesus, is it May already? Holy cow, is this year going fast. Nice to see the Royals NINE games out of first already. Think about this...April....NINE games out. I could go on and on about the Royals and how the Glass family has run the once great team into the ground...but it really doesn't matter anymore. Let them contract....and get ready to watch the Chiefs blow another season when September rolls around.

*****

So Omaha gets a new sports radio station huh? I guess that's not bad news, considering how GOD AWFUL the previous shows have been. Before yesterday, your choice was listening to the Husker network at 6pm talk about your favorite Bowl memory. Or, you could listen to a Cubs freak and a news guy talk about movies, the NFL draft and the Cubs some more for three hours. Now, I'm not stupid...I know I don't have to listen...but I would like something to listen to besides the Dora the Explorer CD I have in my car right now. With that, I appreciate what Journal Broadcasting is trying to do, and wish them good luck as they destroy it in a few weeks by bringing in some Red Sox fan to talk about the Huskers. Great.

*****

They're going to put nets up at the Q next season for UNO games? Why should I get penalized, even though I actually watch the game? Seriously, if you're sitting in the end seats...YOU SHOULD WATCH THE PUCK AT ALL TIMES. Period. If not, you deserve what you get..and that goes for children as well, because there are PLENTY of good seats in the upper deck that are nice and empty for you to sit with them at.

*****
Thanks to all the Mavpuck posters who have e-mailed me, calling me every name in the book for my decision to end my days on that particular website. Apparently, there are two schools of thought. One school is that I'm joking, and I'll be back by July. The other school is that I'm a big fucking baby who got mad at one thing the owner of the site said.

What is this? Fucking 8th grade? It got to the point where it wasn't fun anymore. Instead of making a huge deal out of everything...I just stopped. How difficult is that to understand? And why are people so mad anyway? I got THREE e-mails from people calling me a quitter and this and that. Uhhhh, HELLO...it's a website...I don't get paid for this, and although I appreciate the fact that what I have to say impacts your life so much....I really did grow tired of everything.

It's nothing personal. I have no ill feelings toward anybody. And most likely, this will be the last time I address this on my blog. But apparently, because I have more connection to the common man than the pope...I have to explain myself. Oh well..it's over, let's all move on.

*****
This week's over 30 linescore:

9IP, 8h, 3ER, 8R, 7K, 1BB L
3-7, 02B, 1RBI

*****
Have a good week...big news coming next week.

PS - Check out Zebrahead on tour this week out west. www.zebrahead.tv/news

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

need ZH back for an Omaha show...
too many think mav puck is mantra, its a goofy fan site that too many people take waaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously, thats the most polite way to put it.

12:02 PM  
Blogger something_something said...

Sometimes I don't know why I bother with Mavpuck. No disrespect to Jon or anything, but while I guess it's a little bit better now that Bookmans 1, 2 and 3 are gone now, half the shit isn't worth reading, and that counts double in the summer.

12:40 PM  
Blogger A J said...

Adam,

Zebrahead has Omaha down as a priority because of the connection with the new lead singer now. I've been told if they come anywhere near here, they'll make Omaha a priority. Look for a show late summer at the Anchor or Sokol. They may also shirtail onto a bigger bill. I'll let ya know.

As for Mavpuck...I hold no ill will. I was for bookman 1, 2 and 3 to stay because I feel everybody has a voice that should be shared and heard. I had no problem with what he said in and of itself. I only had a problem when people complained about it...because all you have to do is click the little X in the corner, and it goes away.

I just didn't get the same enjoyment out of it as I did before. Instead of just posting now and then...I figured I'd just take the plunge and ban myself. So far...not a problem.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Coach said...

[quote]
Sometimes I don't know why I bother with Mavpuck. No disrespect to Jon or anything, but while I guess it's a little bit better now that Bookmans 1, 2 and 3 are gone now, half the shit isn't worth reading, and that counts double in the summer.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree with that more. We miss you, AJ, but I completely understand your decision.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares