Instant Analysis - Nebraska vs. Texas
I can’t stomp on your grave anymore. I can’t convince you that you are any worse than you already acknowledge. I can’t paint a picture any more clearly if I tried.
And the worst part? Nobody really cares. Oh sure, a couple of you got fired up when Nebraska led at halftime, but like I told you a few weeks ago…now that you suck, you can bank on the fact that you will blow games in new and exciting ways. I do find it funny however, that your team actually played BETTER once they got away from you. That spoke volumes if you ask me.
Some other conference observations, since nobody else really gives a damn about you, your team or the awful habit you have of making mediocre teams look great:
* Good win for Colorado on the road. If Colorado ever picks up a more consistant passing game, the Buffs are going to be damn tough. Gotta be happy for that team after the crappy year last year.
* Good win for KSU as well. Good holy mother of God does Baylor suck.
* If Texas would have lost to Nebraska, Mack Brown would have been fired on the spot. Is there any team tougher to figure out than Texas? They have more talent than God, and quite often they simply don’t show up. Then today, when the game was on the line in the 4th, they decide to hit the jets and blow away a horrible Husker team.
* Missouri plays a subpar game and still wins rather easily. Unfortunately, Pig Brown blew out his Achilles, and is out for the season. A HUGE blow for a team that really used his fire and energy on defense. Unfortunately, this happened at almost the same time as Brian Smith’s broken hip last year. I don’t have to tell you what happened after that.
* That smoke isn’t a part of the California wildfires…it’s simply part of the smoke and mirrors that Kansas is using to beat people on the road. Has ANY team looked worse home or away than Texas A&M tonight? Granted, that is a tough environment, and the fat man has KU playing well…but good God did the Aggies look awful. Should be interesting in a couple of weeks when the Jayhawks finally play a team that can throw the ball.
Barring a major disaster by Missouri…the November 24th game at Arrowhead will be the biggest, most hate-filled extravaganza ever witnessed in the history of sport. And they’re going to sell BEER there too?
PS – Did you REALLY think I was going to put a piece of shit Jayhawk logo on my blog? Pah-lease.