* One thing I hate to do is pile on a subject that EVERY other sports hack in America is railing on. However, this whole BCS fiasco this year is a flippin joke. I’m not talking about the games themselves, but the system that runs it. Boise State last year, may have killed your New Years Day for generations to come by DARING the pollsters not to rank the Football Mid-Major Du Jour in the top 12 of the BCS so they can get ass-railed on national TV.
Fine, Hawaii was undefeated. Fine, Hawaii had a quarterback with a cool name and a rad pair of crocs to go with his surfer shorts. But is there any reason on God’s green earth to reward a team for having the 138th rated schedule in the nation, and needing OT not once but TWICE to get through it unscathed? Did people even WATCH this team against Boise or Washington?
It’s bad enough the Orange Bowl committee did as much as admit on KC radio last month that they didn’t know that Kansas failed to win their own division, yet picked them because they only had one loss. But these two blunders coupled with the complete and total prison raping of Illinois by USC tells you all you need to know about the slime that run college football. Nobody gives a shit about good games as long as the money keeps flowing.
I’m not about to go off on some playoff rant here because a) I don’t feel you need to go that route, although it would be nice and b) I think there would be some sort of luster lost on some of the earlier season games. Regardless of what you or I think about the whole mess…the truth is that as long as people are still watching games on TV, and advertisers are spending big bucks to sponsor bowls…NOTHING will change. Since you can’t change it…all you can do is bitch.
* Oklahoma players acted like jackasses after the Big 12 title game in San Antonio. Tonight they get pummeled by a very beatable West Virginia team. Hmmmm…that Karma sucks doesn’t it Bob? Too bad your team quit. They're probably quite talented when they aren't stealing coats or working at car lots for free.
* Does Nebraska even play basketball anymore? I’m not kidding. Ever since that one game against Oregon in Omaha, I haven’t heard or read anything about them. Do you think Doc Sadler has a problem when the media outlets in his home state complete ignore him? Then again, playing a home slate filled with such high powered programs as Alabama A&M, IPFW and N.Carolina (Central) don’t exactly stir up excitement. I at least have to give them credit for the Oregon game..which is exactly one tougher game this year than Creighton will play out of conference.
* The Patriots will not win the Super Bowl this year. Mark my words and go visit your bookie.
* The frozen grey sand that used to be snow in front of my house is starting to annoy me. Is just one minute above 32 degrees over the past 6 weeks too much to ask? Up yours Al Gore.
* Coming up on Tuesday, the annual Big 12 season in review. With Oklahoma getting a giant West Virginia enema and Kansas set to embarrass themselves on national TV, it should be a lot of fun whipping that one up.
Until then, sorry you won’t see any comments approved until early next week. Perhaps I’ll make it up to you next week with some new USC song girl pictures? Either way..have a super weekend. Only less than 9 months til opening weekend and the dawn of the Bo Pelini decade of dominance. ™