February 5, 2008

Time to Bolt this One Hick Town


Biggest day of the year for the recruiting freaks, KU fans displaying their pride in the biggest football loss in their history and Tom Lemming actually going on the radio and predicting NU will “dominate the North” next year??? Wow, so much going on, I’m not sure what I’m going to do. Hmmm…I know! How bout I plow through my driveway, hope my frozen car starts, travel 15mph to the airport and get on a plane to the tropics? Hmmmmm….sold.

FINALLY, a vacation away from signing day, Jim Rose, Creighton Hoops, “restored” order, and every other lame-ass thing that gets on my nerves this time of year. So for those of you looking for in-depth analysis from me on signing day….here it is:

Who cares? This time in 48 hours I’ll be on a boat in the Atlantic with a beer in one hand and a fishing rod in the other. OK fine…I’m sure I’ll miss you freaks going apeshit about some 17 year old from somewhere…as you anoint him next years whatever trophy winner. However, I think I’ve put up with this crap long enough that I deserve to go somewhere warm. Hell, it's only been 3 weeks since my last vacation. Time to get the hell out of Dodge.

So have fun scooping your driveway. Have fun trying to see through your windshield on the way to work this week, as some a-hole in a gravel truck slows to 20mph in front of you and won’t let you pass. Have fun breaking down 18 year old dudes, and predicting every single possible way their life could end up in the next 4 years. (Except of course, the reality that is..they may be good they may not.)

Regardless, I’m sad I even had to mention recruiting for this long, but rest assured…I know actual Husker fans who are TAKING TOMORROW OFF, just to track who signed with the Big Red and to “officially kickoff the Husker Renaissance."

I’m not kidding.

So have a great week. I may or may not approve your posts. I’ll try to throw a column out there…if I don’t have too many Coronas and…well…if I even think about your red-clad frozen dumb asses. Enjoy your little show tomorrow. I hope it’s everything you wish for and more.

Waitress, another rum and coke please.

AJ

PS – Oh, and one more thing. If you’re from Kansas…and you’re actually BRAGGING to a rival team about a sport you got your ass kicked in….then you are even more sad and pathetic than I thought. (And that's pretty sad) I’ve seen Husker fan do some whacked out shit….hell, a Husker COACH got a recruit’s name tattooed on his arm. But to actually stand in unison and taunt another school about a game you lost?

Now I’ve seen it all.

Good thing you’re “above” the rivalry.

Idiots

8 Comments:

Blogger HucktheFuskers said...

AJ,

When a recruit comes to Lincoln for a visit and the coaching staff shows him around town and around the campus, are the Lincoln bail bond shops part of the tour?

I'm just curious.

8:46 AM  
Blogger NE-Jhawk said...

Put it in context...how many MU fans have Bucknell jerseys and wear them to the game?

Why don't you have some class and celebrate your own victory? The students were celebrating the Orange Bowl win...

Don't worry MU...someday there'll be a BCS bowl in you're stocking on Christmas. Unless KU has a better record of course....because no one would CHOOSE to put you hillbillies in thier bowl.

No one wants to guess weather you'll show up.

Ever think the reason we got that bid was because we made a game against MU but when they only had to 'make a game of it' they shit thier pants TWICE against OU?

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about the tattoo parlors. Can we expect future shuckster recruits to insist that there position coach get their names tattooed on his body?

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom Lemming also said Justin Tomerlin was a great ball player.

He bagged my groceries at No Frills earlier.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ: Several of your PM fans are having problems accessing the site. They keep getting a message that the web domain has expired. When you get this will you give a shout out? Thanks.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A beaker living in knebraska making fun of anyone is hilarious. Two states that if they got nuked, no one would notice for weeks.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ne-jhawk: I love it when a Nub or a Beaker talk about 'class'. You hicks wouldn't know class if you tripped over it. Enjoy celebrating your BCS bowl. It'll be 30 years before you play in one again.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ne-jhawk, you are calling us hillbillies and you still haven't learned the difference between "weather" and "whether"...yes, it's very confusing...to 3rd graders. The only scoreboard that matters is the one from Arrowhead this past season. As for showing up...ask the Cotton Bowl which teams broke the record for selling out their event? Actually, don't bother...it was Missouri and Arkansas, loser! Kansas had to twist arms to get a barely reasonable number of KU fans off their arses to actually go to Miami. BTW, how was the "whether" (sic) down there? Of course you wouldn't know, because you weren't there!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares